January 2016 Moms

When you are team green...

2»

Re: When you are team green...

• Team green here ! We were pretty back and fourth mostly because of my hubby but we are first time parents and we decided that you do only get so many surprises like this so we're excited. It's annoying how OTHER moms feel the need to say "we HAD to find out for xxx reason". Okay ? Congrats!
  • Actually I have 5 friends IRL who are due all around the same time as me and we are all team green. Maybe it's a new trend?
  • Loading the player...
  • Im not team green but it does bother me how obsessed other people get. When we found out our first child was a girl I had several people say and I quote "oh you must be so disappointed" or "is your husband ok with having a girl?". I mean come on people...no hes not ok with it so we will just take her back and swap her out for a boy. We are thrilled to have a healthy baby. We will find out again and im sure the same people will make the same comments...just so silly. 

DH and I both 29
    TTC#1 1/25/14
    BFP 3/15/14!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • amargaret24amargaret24 member
    edited August 2015
    Team Green here.......I suppose it hasn't been a single issue for me because:

1. I'm just buying lots of white organic baby clothes for now because it mostly won't matter. The cute stuff can come later once I actually feel like leaving the house. 

2. The colors I am going with (boy or girl) is green, grey, and orange because I prefer those much more than blue or pink. Nursery will be pretty neutral with those colors and either way, baby won't know. And once the baby/child has an opinion, we can go from there...

3. My fiance and I already decided on names, pretty early on and are super happy with both - so that was easy

4. We call the baby "the baby"
  • enkbenkb member
    Team green ftm, and I've been surprised how much positive we have heard about it. I was expecting all the annoyed people wanting us to find out, but haven't had even 1 of those comments, so pleasantly surprised! I'm struggling with pronouns too, we have our name for the fetus, its Schmoopy until it comes out, but pronouns are harder, I seem to have defaulted to he/him/his, probably just because the English language tends to go masculine if gender is unknown. I do wonder if it will feel weird to make the change if its a girl, after saying he for 9 months. I'm sure it will be fine, I'm trying to get better at alternating. I do throw 'it' in every once in a hile, but always feels weird!
  • I just say baby. Like all the time. I have a 3 1/2 yr. old so I don't want to get her hopes up either way.