3rd Trimester

Worried about potential loss of Mucus Plug...TMI

I'm at FTM at 34 weeks and 3 days, due August 3rd. This morning after using the bathroom, I noticed some abnormal discharge. It wasn't super thick, but it was thicker than normal, slimy-ish, and had a yellow tint with some blood... this wasn't my mucus plug (or part of it) was it? Is this normal or does it warrant a call to my doctor? I'm extremely worried. I want my little one here, but not too early, and I don't want to risk infection.

Re: Worried about potential loss of Mucus Plug...TMI

• Even if it was your mucus plug, it can regenerate again. Put in a call to your doctor to put your mind at ease.
  • I lost mine 4x with my first baby.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Lost mine so many times I lost count.  
  • I would call your OB if it had blood in it. I lost mine at 39w5d and it was big, and blood in it. 6 hours later my water broke !
  • It can and likely will regenerate, but call your OB to report it just in case, since you are preterm.

I will say, I SWORE I was losing my plug at 38 weeks...but then when i actually lost it I laughed at myself. It's not just slightly odd discharge. It is like your vagina is sneezing repeatedly, with bonus blood. I was already having irregular, weak contractions when I actually lost mine, and real labor started about 6 hours later.