High-Risk Pregnancy

~~Bed Rest Check-In 6/25/15~~

Hello and welcome! 
This is a check-in to offer support and encouragement to each other while facing the challenge of bed rest during pregnancy.

If you are new, please tell us your EDD; # and gender of LOs; type of bed rest (modified / strict / hospital) and when it started in
your pregnancy; reason for bed rest; and any updates from recent appointments.

QOTW / GTKY:  Updates - how are you doing?  What do you feel you have lost due to bed rest?  What have you gained?

@jmroberts2025                   6/28/15           ??                            BR

@eeka1984                         7/4/15             Girl                           Strict BR

@amandrew0531                7/4/15             Girl                           Strict BR

@shannonjohnson1940         7/7/15             Girl                         Congratulations on the arrival of baby Katherine!

@mrsroy24                           7/13/15         Girl                              Strict BR

@RissaBbyGurl                    7/14/15           Girl                          Hospital BR

@claudia3059                      7/16/15           Girl                              Modified BR

@JennaLee1486                7/19/15          Team Green                 Hospital BR

@berlytown                      7/21/15          ??                              Modified BR

@Knottie74091607          7/31/15                                             Modified BR

@BabyNewbury2012        July                  

@lawmom747                     8/2/15             Boy/girl twins               Modified BR

@smartypantslexi               8/9/15             Boy                             Modified BR

@butler28                         8/14/15            ??                              Modified BR

@laylatb                         8/18/15           Team green                  Hospital BR

@purduepat2004                 8/22/15           Boy                             Modified BR

@ltchambers                     8/24/15            ??                              Modified BR

@kristiannoonan                8/31/15           ??                                Modified BR

@JimMeBabies3                 9/2/15             Boy/boy twins           Modified BR

@cjagogo                          9/9/15              Girl                           Hospital BR

@muffin1120                      9/12/15          Girl                            Modified BR

@voborje                           9/20/15          Girl                            Hospital BR

@eburttr                           9/21/15           Girl                            Hospital BR

@PlainJane8350                9/27/15            Girl                            Modified BR

@maura+c                      November                                          Strict BR

@Knottie84968486              9/28/15           Girl                              BR

@justyh                         10/7/15             Girl                             BR

@sarahmills86                10/7/15                                             Hospital BR

@gvgauthi                       11/26/15                                           BR
Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

Re: ~~Bed Rest Check-In 6/25/15~~

• 34+4 today.  As of this week's appointments, cervix is closed, both babies look good on NST.  Changing over to weekly OB and likely twice weekly NSTs starting this coming week.  Feeling super pregnant - already measuring at 40 weeks.  Feet are swollen to unrecognizable proportions, hands are not far behind.  Not sleeping well at all.

QOTW:  Because of the modified bed rest I have not been able to do much with our very active 3-year-old DD.  I have been most disappointed in losing that last time with her where we could have done more fun things together before the twins arrive.  I have also gained perspective and recognized my own limitations.  I keep reminding myself this is only temporary and pretty soon I will have two newborns to care for! 
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• Well almost a full week on strict bedrest and I'm going stir crazy!!! I don't know how u ladies do this for weeks or months! So props to you that are and hope everything turns out well :) my little one has been moving quite a bit since on bedrest (not sure if I just feel it more because I'm sooooo freaking bored and literally not doing a thing all day). Crossing my fingers that on Monday the U/S is good and I get the go ahead to go back to work!!! EDD 11/26 and my little girl in there has a lot of growing to do before she can come out :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies. I'm 20 weeks along with my little princess, on modified bed rest due to shortening cervix. Before my appointment this week it was over 4 inches. Now it's 3.6 with funneling at .96! I have a pessary and progesterone , which my doctor is confident will help. Edd November 7!

Qotw - a lot of housework is piling up that my husband is having to do, on top of working all day...wish I could help him more. :/ So far I don't see anything I've gained, but hopefully my cervix will begin to strengthen.

Gvgauthi - I'm feeling my baby a lot more too, and wondering if it's just because I'm more attentive! I have nothing to do except lay in bed or on the couch all day. But baby seems to like it because she's moving around a ton!

------------ http://ourangelsandrainbows.blogspot.com/ image † "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." -Psalm 127:3 †
  • justyhjustyh member
    Hey loves! Hope everyone is having a good week!

25 weeks + 2 days
    Modified BR since 21 weeks

how are you doing? I'm doing ok, my cervix shortened from 1.7 to 1.2 this week and I was a little discouraged by that but my doctor insured me that I'm fine and the cerclage is keeping my cervix closed. I do feel bad I broke my bed rest a few times to take care of a few college appointments and to go to dmv. Anyone else break their bed rest? I honestly feel horrible but I had no other choice.

What do you feel you have lost due to bed rest? Ive lost about half of my monthly pay. Probably the most stressful part because I was not a saver before being pregnant. I've lost a lot of freedom and a lot of the plans I had to prepare for baby are pretty much down the drain.

What have you gained? I have gained a bigger sense and knowledge of myself. I feel like I'm more aware of my feelings and my hopes and dreams. Before I was pregnant I was all over the place and now that I'm on bed rest I have a lot of time to think about what I want in life and what I want for my daughter. Also gained a healthy growing baby!!
  • Congratulations, she's lovely ! :)
    ------------ http://ourangelsandrainbows.blogspot.com/ image † "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." -Psalm 127:3 †
  • KinzNKelsMomKinzNKelsMom member
    edited July 2015
    I don't know how you mommas do it!! This is day 3 of bedrest for me and I'm pretty sure I've done nothing but cry for the majority of those 3 days.
    I'm 26+1 with di/di twins. EDD 10/8 (Long story short) Wednesday my cervix had shortened to 1.9cm. They admitted me to the hospital for steroid shots for babies lungs and a cervix check 48 hours later. This morning ultrasound looked like my cervix was stable still at 1.9 and OB originally said I could go home but to lay around and do nothing as much as possible. She checked me only to discover I had dilated to 3cm in 2 days. Now I'm on hospital bedrest with no end in sight. I have 2 LOs already at home, which makes it harder. Babies look good and have plenty of movement. I'm not having any contractions that we can tell. So, I don't know what's going on. Here's to 1 day at a time & healthy babies!
  • @KinzNKelsMom, I pretty much cry daily too! The stress and worry is overwhelming most of the time for me. I'm 26W3D with a baby girl, I've been on bedrest for almost 4 weeks. Some days do seem easier, but for me it's very up and down depending on how things are going for the day. I just try to tell myself if her coming out healthy as late as possible is best, I just have to make it through this to get there!! I know it will be worth all of this in the end, but it certainly doesn't take away from all the emotions we feel through this difficult journey. But you are not alone!! I look forward to the day when this seems like a glimpse of the past and a memory!! Good luck!!
  • I delivered our baby girl, Scarlett Rae at 26W5D. She is so strong so far and doing well in the NICU! We have a long road ahead of us that is going to be scary at times and we are just taking one day at a time. Good luck to all you moms on bedrest!! It's a challenge but they are so very worth every day you can keep them growing inside!! Thank god for amazing doctors and nurses in these wonderful NICU's!
  • mic411mic411 member
    Hi ladies, I am new to this board. I am 21 weeks + 5 days. Monday I had my anatomy scan and both baby and I were healthy no problems. I recently had a UTI which led to a yeast infection so I was on antibiotics for that. Fastforward to Wed and I was feeling quite a bit of cramping and shooting pains. Thursday morning I went to see my OB and after checking me out they discovered that my cervix was starting to open :( as you can imagine sheer panic and fear washed over me I couldn't stop crying and I was by myself. Every other appt my husband went with me to but yesterday we just figured they would check me out and maybe give me new antibiotics so he remained at work. My OB said I was 1.6cm dialated so I went directly to the hospital and have been here under 24 hour observation. They started me on progesterone twice a day and I met with a high risk Dr. As well as well as ran lots of test. Things seem ok for now, I'm told I should be discharged today and will be on home rest and seen again at 24 weeks. I am trying to remain strong...saying a lot of prayers and thankful for my support system because this is a hard journey...