Success after IF
Options

Follies have disappeared! Has anyone had this happen to them?

Hi all.  I'm on my 3rd Clomid cycle, taken days 5 - 9.  Day 10 doctor found 3 follies!  1 x 15mm and 2 x 18mm. 
 I was told to go back for further scan and possible trigger shot 3 days later. (Day 13)
Day 13 and it was a different doctor on duty, who gave me the scan and couldn't see anything!    I asked her if I could have possibly ovulated, but she said there would have been some 'shadowing' if I had, but unfortunately there was nothing to suggest there had even been 3 follies there.   

After several minutes, she then found a very dubious looking shadow which she said MAY be a follie and measured it at 15mm and said she'd give me a trigger shot anyway so as not to let the cycle go to waste.  Anyone else heard of this?

Re: Follies have disappeared! Has anyone had this happen to them?

• Options
    Are you seeing a RE? Or an OB? OBs are not experts in dealing w IF, so its hard to know what may be going on.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    Hmmmm that sounds extremely fishy to me. Follies just don't disappear. I agree with Carrie, sounds like you may have some inexperience on your hands, which is scary. I went through 6 cycles of clomid before going to femara and I never had any disappearing follicles. And not to mention 2 at 18mm is a pretty good size. My first thought is that you already ovulated and the one she saw was the smaller follie, but who knows. I hope this cycle isn't a bust for you. Your provider sounds questionable... I'd shop around
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My RE said that follicles on clomid keep growing when they hit 15mm, but until then they can come and go, but with 18mm that sounds very unusual. I would guess the 18mm ovulated. Are you seeing an RE? Also, clomid follicles need to me 20mm before trigger so not sure why they would trigger you at 15mm if he thought that was your only follicle. I would definitely shop around as well.
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5

• Options
    @fitjo any updates on your cycle?
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2