Babies on the Brain
Options

Implantation bleeding?

Hi everyone! I went through infertility treatments when I got pregnant with my first who is almost 3 so I have no idea what a normal conception is like. I have been getting regular periods, and trying to track ovulation. I am 1 week past ovulation according to my charts and today I had a bit of spotting. It's red, but not super heavy,but enough to have to use a maxi pad and I've never had mid cycle bleeding before (well not in the last 2 years at least). If you have had implantation bleeding, what was it like? Could this be that? If you did have implantation bleeding how many days past did you get a positive pregnancy test? Thanks so much for the help in advance! 
TTC since Jan '10 (Me 29, Hubby 30) Married just over 5 years from SoCal Diagnosed PCOS in May '10 and MTHFR Gene. 3 early m/c's in 2011. BFP Feb 8th '12 at 9DPO. Beta #1 (11DPO) = 28 Beta #2 (15DPO) = 140 Beta #3 (23DPO) = 2853! Due 10/22/12! Liam is here! Born 10/2/12 image

Re: Implantation bleeding?

• Options
    The general conscience is a pad/tampon=period.  Are you temping?  Do you know for sure you just ovulated?
  • Options
    kgbbsc7 said:
    The general conscience is a pad/tampon=period.  Are you temping?  Do you know for sure you just ovulated?

Implantation bleeding is almost always recognized in hindsight. I agree that if it was enough for a pad, it could be your period, but spotting also happens just because, so you really won't know unless you get a +. You can start testing 9-10 DPO and get a pretty accurate result if you know for sure when you ovulated (see questions in the quote). Whether or not this was IB has no bearing on when you should test.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DS#2 I did have bleeding. I thought I got my period a week early and bled very lightly for a few days. (Used a pad expecting a period) After it stopped after a few days, I thought this was unusual, I took and early pregnancy test and it was +!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker