May 2015 Moms
Options

Growth spurt vent!

my 7 week old is going through a growth spurt and oh my god i'm exhausted!! She only got 1 decenet nap today and has been nursing on and off since, she's not really nursing more like using me as a pacifier and screams when i try to give her her actual pacifier, it's day 2 of this and i NEED some sleep + , and sorry for this, my boobs hurt!

Obviously i want her to get bigger and healthier but why does the process have to be so cruel?!

Re: Growth spurt vent!

• Options
    I need to vent too. My 7 week old has regressed to sleeping about every 2 hours and seems super agitated when she's awake. I'm beyond tired. It's been about a week and I can't go on much longer like this!!
  • Options
    It will get better! Hopefully once this growth spurt is over she will sleep longer than before!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have any friends or support people? I am in exactly this place and it is life changing when I can just hand her off to my husband for him to walk her around for a little while, and burrow into the bed or just eat or whatever. She sometimes will fuss but the farther away she is from my smell the less she cares, and in the middle of a 5 or 6 hour feeding session honestly its better for baby and you for you to take a break if it helps keep your sanity.
  • Options
    mars8kmars8k member
    Thank god it's over, my DH tried to help but she would want to be attached to my breast even if she wasn't really sucking.

She now sleeps later than before, it's 6:30 and i know she wont sleep properly until 9 am..

Oh well we'll work on that later, i'm grateful for the longer naps though, i went to my mum's today and didn't have to walk her around while she screamed all day!

Thanks for the support ladies