April 2015 Moms

2 Month Shots

My LO just got her shots today and it was terrible! :( I just wondered if she would be super sore/fussy tomorrow! How was your baby after shots?

Re: 2 Month Shots

• Oh it's awful isn't it, I cried too when my girlie had hers last week! She was just looking at me with those 'how could you?' eyes & screaming!!
    She was really unsettled the first night, awake every other hour & usually she will go 5-6 hours overnight so unusual for her, bit grumpy the following day so did a little calpol after bath that night & she was ok after that, passes quite quickly thankfully!
    Good luck xx
  • RSupryRSupry member
    With my first he was always fussy and tired for the rest of that day afterward. With the new baby I am doing a delayed schedule so he only gets one shot per visit. So far it seems to be easier on him than multiple shots were on my first.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO got his yesterday and he was way more fussy than usual. Almost like he was really uncomfortable or in pain ): and today he's running a bit of a fever so I gave him Tylenol under his pedi's recommendation. I hate when he gets his shots!
  • My baby girl took the shots well and was fine that day but the next couple days were terrible. She was uncomfortable and did not want to be put down. She slept on my chest at night. Not to mention her lil thighs were swollen and sore. I hated it and I know she did too.
    "Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart" -Winnie the Pooh
  • We got his two month shots yesterday. One in each leg and a liquid in his mouth. Was told he would be fussy and not sleep. Cried for a few seconds. Then took a nap. Once he woke up it was like nothing happened. I gave him some Tylenol as told by the ped to avoid sore legs. Still no fever. No extra fussiness. He keeps his smiles going and slept his usual 8 hours last night. I just hope the rest of his shots go the same. We will see at his 4 month.
  • Ours had her shots a couple weeks ago. She developed a fever that had to be managed with Tylenol and her minor head cold got worse. But she still slept pretty well. I think each baby reacts differently.
  • Mine had his yesterday and was super fussy in the evening (not normal for him) but went to bed ok and slept fine. So far today he seems fine.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Mine had his last week cried for a few seconds then was fine. He was fussy in the evening but then finally fell asleep! Also, my ped told me not to give Tylenol? Idk something about it can affect the effectiveness of the vaccine?
  • My little guy got his shots yesterday and once he settled down after getting them he fell right to sleep for a while and when he woke up he seemed fine, so I didn't go get any baby Tylenol for him. Later in the day he started getting very fussy, he was constantly crying, which isn't like him, he even cried while riding in the car, which he usually loves, so I had DH run out and pick up some Tylenol and gave it to him before bed and when he woke up in the middle of the night and he seems to be doing just fine today, not fussy at all. 
    **TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• Mine had his a few weeks ago and he was pretty fussy for about 2 days. My husband was sick and running a fever that week, too, and I think I just about went crazy between the neediness of the two of them.
  • My baby girl got her 2 month shots at 10 weeks. It was awful! Her legs were super sore and changing her was so hard to do without her crying in pain. She also ran a low fever and was super fussy the entire evening into the next morning. With my first, no symptoms what so ever.