3rd Trimester

Measuring small?

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and I'm only measuring 35 cm the doctor I saw today said it was normal but the doctor I saw a few months ago said I should measure a week behind or a week ahead of how far along I am. Is it normal to measure 2 weeks smaller?

Re: Measuring small?

• I just came back from OB appt and I'm measuring 1 week behind and I asked her what was ok and she said +\- 1-2 weeks is no concern at all.
  • Is the baby measuring small ? Is that what they told you ? I think I might be in the same boat.
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby was measuring small up till the last two weeks, and NOW that I'm 40 weeks I have to be induced in 2 days cause baby will be too big by the time I reach 41 weeks. Sometimes their growth slows down but then picks right back up. Who knows maybe by term you will have a big and healthy baby. :)
  • I'm 37 weeks and was measuring 33 at my last appointment.  They did an ultrasound just to make sure everything was normal and it was because she dropped.  Apparently this means your belly can measure small.  Just a potential idea of why you may be suddenly measuring small.