Trying to Get Pregnant

Anyone taking vitex had a delayed ovulation?

Hi, I had regular period and ovulation. But to increase the chance of getting pregnant, I started taking vitex (1200mg) per day for 7days after my period. And then I started spotting! I then stopping taking vitex and the spotting stopped. However, the day before yesterday should be my ovulation day, I still can't see the "smiling face" on my otk. Besides, I my body temperature haven't risen yet. I am guessing that vitex might delayed my ovulation. I am so worried. Anyone has similar experience?

Re: Anyone taking vitex had a delayed ovulation?

• No experience with vitex because everything I've read about it is to stay away from it. Your regular until you aren't (and can't predict ovulation). It also doesn't help that you did take something that could screw up your cycle. Keep HIO and charting until you confirm O.
  • Yes. I have heard of that before. That's why I wouldn't recommend self medicating with non-FDA approved drugs. There's no reason for you to the vitex (or any other drug) when your cycles are already normal. But even if they weren't normal, you really need to be diagnosed by a doctor before you take any meds that might just screw things up.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • Sarah1516 said:

Hi, I had regular period and ovulation. But to increase the chance of getting pregnant, I started taking vitex (1200mg) per day for 7days after my period. And then I started spotting! I then stopping taking vitex and the spotting stopped.

However, the day before yesterday should be my ovulation day, I still can't see the "smiling face" on my otk. Besides, I my body temperature haven't risen yet.

I am guessing that vitex might delayed my ovulation. I am so worried. Anyone has similar experience?

Qfp
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Don't take it or stop immediately. I did the same thing. I took vitex for a 9 day luteal phase. I'll attach my chart for the month I took it. It caused a lot of spotting throughout my cycle delayed my ovulation to really late and increased my luteal phase from 9-10 days up to 16 days. I normally 0 on CD 21 so this shows you how much it personally delayed my cycle.image
  • Yes. I have heard of that before. That's why I wouldn't recommend self medicating with non-FDA approved drugs. There's no reason for you to the vitex (or any other drug) when your cycles are already normal. But even if they weren't normal, you really need to be diagnosed by a doctor before you take any meds that might just screw things up.

Yes. I have heard of that before. That's why I wouldn't recommend self medicating with non-FDA approved drugs. There's no reason for you to the vitex (or any other drug) when your cycles are already normal. But even if they weren't normal, you really need to be diagnosed by a doctor before you take any meds that might just screw things up.

Thank you. Won't do that again!
  • Don't take it or stop immediately. I did the same thing. I took vitex for a 9 day luteal phase. I'll attach my chart for the month I took it. It caused a lot of spotting throughout my cycle delayed my ovulation to really late and increased my luteal phase from 9-10 days up to 16 days. I normally 0 on CD 21 so this shows you how much it personally delayed my cycle.image

Don't take it or stop immediately. I did the same thing. I took vitex for a 9 day luteal phase. I'll attach my chart for the month I took it. It caused a lot of spotting throughout my cycle delayed my ovulation to really late and increased my luteal phase from 9-10 days up to 16 days. I normally 0 on CD 21 so this shows you how much it personally delayed my cycle.image

Don't take it or stop immediately. I did the same thing. I took vitex for a 9 day luteal phase. I'll attach my chart for the month I took it. It caused a lot of spotting throughout my cycle delayed my ovulation to really late and increased my luteal phase from 9-10 days up to 16 days. I normally 0 on CD 21 so this shows you how much it personally delayed my cycle.image

Thank you so much for your response! My best wishes to you!
  • Have you been farting a lot?

No.