Blended Families

please help?

I've been married to my husband for a year and a half. We are expecting our first together and are excited.
We have my SD for the summer, and the amount that I have been getting frustrated with her has started to make me question my ability to even be a parent myself. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones or whatever, but I think the hardest thing is walking the fine line of where it's my place to step in and where it's not.
And also, is it normal to get annoyed nearly every time SD brings up BM? Sometimes I just get tired of it. Especially with DH's work schedule, I feel like I've become the primary caregiver for SD so I don't really get to have a break from it.
I feel horrible saying all of this... any recommendations or anything...? Please help me.

Re: please help?

• How old is SD? Being a stepmom is hard! There are so many possible dynamics based on the relationship between DH, BM, SD and you! You need to talk with DH and figure out what role you and he are comfortable with you playing so that you don't have to walk that fine line. 

If you're looking for more support there's a great group of ladies (and a few guys) over at steptogether dot org. That forum is very active and there are a lot of different viewpoints. You have to register to be able to see all the discussion topics. It's really helped me through the years survive our step situation.

Don't feel bad for having the feelings you do about the situation with SD. Feelings are normal and OK, just keep treating her well. And remember sometimes bio kids drive their parents nuts too :-)