August 2015 Moms

30 weeks and 1cm dilated plus mucous plug gone

Just wondering, has this happened to anyone else? This is my fourth child after 7 years.I lost my mucous plug with all my kids and a couple days later I would b n labor the only difference is I would have the mocous tinged with blood and of course would also b full term

Re: 30 weeks and 1cm dilated plus mucous plug gone

• Mucous plugs can regenerate from what I've read online and being 1 cm dilated is a matter of opinion. Also it doesn't mean much because with my first two I was 1 cm dilated for the last two months of my pregnancy they both came after 39 weeks.
  • Even if this had happened to anyone on here, everyone's body and pregnancies are different, so their experience would be irrelevant. That being said, you can walk around dilated far more than that for months, literally - this is why I refuse cervix checks because they honestly don't predict anything. A friend of mine was over 5 cm's for some time, I know other women who were 2 cms for months. It literally predicts nothing. As for the mucus plug, those too mean nothing as they can regenerate; however if you are concerned, give your Dr a call to put your mind at ease, that is what you pay them for, so no shame there!
  • Loading the player...
  • What PPs said.
  • Try to keep relaxed because baby will come when it wants too. There are really no true signs that baby will come, unless youre having regular contractions and your water broke. If that happens most likely they'll stop them because you are to early. So our bodies will give many signals but they could mean nothing at all or the opposite. No one will know.
  • I lost my mucas plug at 24 weeks and I have been 1 cm dilated since 25 weeks. I am now 31.2 weeks and still at 1 cm according to the doctor today. I do have my cervix check weekly. I pretty much do whatever my doctors say. That's why they get paid the big bucks! Knowing they are monitoring me weekly has decreased my anxiety of a preterm baby.