Pregnant after IF

AF like Cramping/ first BFP what's your symptoms

Hey all. So a few times throughout the day I get some twinges, occasional pinching or dull aches. I'm only 4 weeks 5 days. Betas tripled during all three draws.

Just wondering if others are feeling the same way to help put my mind at ease. Thanks !!!!!! :)

Re: AF like Cramping/ first BFP what's your symptoms

• Yes, look up round ligament pain and it should describe what you're feeling.
    I had it super early as well and Dr said it was a good sign and perfectly normal.
    I noticed it would happen more if I made sudden movements or sneezed, all normal. I also still get it if I haven't been drinking enough fluids, especially first thing in the morning. Since I am a stay at home dog mom, I lie in bed for a while and nurse a bottle or two of water before doing anything else for the day.
    I know with the long road we've traveled through IF land, it's hard not to over analyze and panic, but it does get better and easier! Stay positive.
  • ambdtbambdtb member
    @WaitingMay14 I am exactly 2 weeks ahead of you at 6w 5d. I did have AF like cramps and some twinges here and there. When I would roll over in bed at night while sleeping I would feel it too. I heard its all normal! The uterus is stretching and the little one is borrowing in. These pains for me went away for the most part about a week ago. Today I had a strong heartbeat at our first ultrasound ! Good luck !
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • RoeniRoeni member
    It is just your uterus starting to change, grow, etc.  Feels like you are getting AF cramps, but totally normal.
  • Thank you all. Helped to put my mind at ease. ;):)

First ultra sound tomm !!!!!
  • I am 4 weeks and 4 days today. I started with AF type cramps about 3-4 days before my period was due and they for a week or so. They went away and were replaced by sharp stabbing pains for 2 days which really freaked me out. Though went away and I am back to occasional AF feelings. My Hcg was around 3000 yesterday so It seems like all is normal in there. No ultrasound till July 6th though. Good luck on your ultrasound tomorrow. I am sure that it will be great.
  • My level was 388 but it's tripled three times. My re wanted a ultrasound tomm.

It's been a crazy ride. I can't believe 4 days before my bfp I was drinking a few with my co workers. I've read it is too early to have any effects as I couldn't even turn a test. It's hard to not overthink every symptoms.

So happy to have my ultra sound tomm and beta. :)
  • WaitingMay14WaitingMay14 member
    edited June 2015
    Ugh. What a great first ultrasound...not!!! So because my original beta was low and I had such trouble getting preg the dr wants to rule out ectopic. He was happy to see my numbers triple since then. Thank goodness I researched and knew that going in. Why else would a dr wanna see me at 4 weeks 5 days.

He couldn't absolutely say he saw a sac but it looked like it. Now I wait .... :(
  • I cramped on and off throughout my first trimester. It wasn't quite as bad as period cramping. I suspect it was just my uterus expanding and some bloating.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Everything has been progressing well. Dr saw a sac and it was inter uterine. My levels we're over 2,600 last visit. Whoo hooo. Cramps have began to subside.