April 2014 Moms
Options

Clipping toenails

I am having a hard time clipping my babe's toenails. Not only does she kick like a maniac, but her nails are practically flush with her toes. It's weird but it's like they're curling along the end of her toes! Ugh. Any tips? I am trying to avoid in growns!
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

Re: Clipping toenails

• Options
    My LO's toenails sound like your little girl's! I've found the best way to clip them is have him lie on the change table when he's in a calm mood, and give him something to play with like a tube of cream. I clip until he gets fussy. Usually I can get 2-3 nails clipped per session. Then I try again later or the next day.
  • Options
    Mine is more of a nut with the hands -- he seems to tolerate feet enough for me to manage. When I try the hands, it's out of control. I also do one hand at a time. Somehow he tolerates DH better as well, so I get DH to do it often. But maybe that's bc DH isn't as thorough as me... Which irritates me. Oh well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know this sounds a little gross but sometimes I do it while she is eating in the high chair! She hates toes and finger clipping soooooo much too so by doing this, hopefully she's somewhat distracted by food!
  • Options
    @sherks11 that's a great idea!
  • Options
    Thanks!!! Doesn't always work but it's worth a shot!!!