Pregnant after a Loss
Options

small gestational sac??

I have been spotting for a week, now that's turned into bleeding. I went in expecting the worst but seen baby measuring healthy right at 7w5d and HB was 153. The only thing she said she seen wrong was the sac around baby was measuring a week behind. They said it can catch up or result in m/c. They don't know which route this will take. As far as bleeding they don't see anywhere that's coming from. Anyone had this happen??

Re: small gestational sac??

• Options
    WLJ2WLJ2 member
    I do not officially belong here yet but since no one else has responded I thought I would share my experience with you. Unfortunately, it is not a positive one. I had a small sac measuring a week behind at my 5+5 ultrasound. Went in for another sono one week later. Our little bub had grown a full week abut the sac did not grow at all. I had scoured the Internet for stories, scientific information and blogs. I had read that there was a 94% chance of a mc even with a healthy heart rate.

All you can do is wait and see what happens. As long as the sac continues to grow with baby it will be ok if it's a week behind. It may even catch up by 2nd tri!! I will say a prayer for you. I wish you the best and I am sorry you have to go through this.
  • Options
    I already miscarried that day actually. They said it could have been low progesterone its just a guess until I get tested. But she thinks the cyst I had blocked the progesterone from getting to baby. Either way I had too much working against me. Thank you for your prayers.