December 2014 Moms

Sil dramas

anyone have sil dramas.used to get along with her but recently been really negative an put a slide remark on Facebook basically saying I'm over protective and they have to org thru me to come over and that I don't allow her cousins to see her. She's only 6 months an don't think I've been that protective but find the comments upsetting but don't want drama

Re: Sil dramas

• I've  had issues with family thinking I'm 'too protective.' I've certainly relaxed now that he's 6 months, but when he was a newborn — you bet I asked people to postpone visits if they were sick, etc. Our doctor told us a baby under 2 months should really be protected as a small cold can turn into something much bigger quickly. My MiL made a big deal about this and we later learned her "sniffles" were pneumonia! I'm so glad we asked her to stay back until she was well. 

I've learned someone — especially someone in the family — will be unhappy with the way you decide to raise your child. Let them be upset, they'll either get over it or they won't. Either way, your priority is now on your baby, not on keeping them happy. That's the way I see it anyway.  
  • True thanks for that just hate the negative vibes but yr right she is way more important
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes - the negative vibes really bothered me too...Sorry you're going through this too. 
  • Sucks doesn't it esp being a new parent when yr trying your hardest an might be over protective but I think it's better than being under protective you just can't win sometimes lol