Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin - 06/22/2015

Happy Monday, everybody! 

What's going on this week? Post any updates... and good luck this cycle!

PAGING:
@GoldenKeys: dx:unexplained  treatment: currently benched, getting healthy
@kittycap  dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid
@kristylang dx:Low counts/quality  treatment: Clomid+IUI
@jurba25 dx:PCOS/hypothyroidism  treatment: Clomid
@starlitfae dx:Unexplained, thyroid  treatment: Synthroid, femara, trigger+IUI
@chaconvanessa: dx:testing phase  treatment: Charting
@KidShrink: dx:Immature follies, thin lining   treatment: Femara/Ovidrel/Prometrieum
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  treatment:IVF
@jnissa: dx: DOR   treatment: IVF
@AnnieBananie90:  dx: PCOS   treatment: Clomid + TI
@Boogaloou: dx: PCOS +MFI  treatment:metformin, femara, Purgon + IUI
@27alex: dx: unknown  treatment: waiting to test
@SmileyMcGee
@tiffk10: dx PCOS  treatment: Femara +TI
@J_k4ever05  dx: PCOS + MFI (morph)   treatment: benched/getting healthy
@nickis32: dx: Endo + MFI (morph)
@dmsmth
@lifeislove87 dx:autoimmune challenges
@Alyeena dx: PCOS + MFI  treatment: modified IVF + ISCI
@BlissfulWifey: dx: Anovulatory: Progesterone + trigger
@SandyBrook: dx: irregular bleeding  treatment: testing phase
@Aera11: dx:mild PCOS treatment: Clomid
@AndieB83: dx:unexplained  treatment: Clomid/IUI
@Cupcakegal930: dx: MFI: count and motility  treatment: IVF+ISCI
@graphicgranite: dx: Possible PCOS treatment: Clomid + testing
@eekers: Unexplained treatment:Femara, Ovidrel, Prometrium
@stac12679: dx: Bilateral tubal blockage  treatment: mini IVF
@tripplek1988: dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid
@amazeballz: DX: pcos treatment: TBD
@mmkipper: dx: MFI/motility treatment: Clomid + IUI
@ACleanLife24: dx: PCOS, MCTD and IBS:  treatment: testing phase

NEWCOMERS:

To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current treatment plan?

Question of the Week:   What are you reading lately?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin - 06/22/2015

• Hey everybody!

I'm spending this week planning our 2016 vacation since we skipped going away this summer to financially recover from IF treatments.  I want to make it a really good one so I'm looking a little off the beaten path, like a private villa somewhere.

DH and I are having a change in insurance and were considering doing one final medicated cycle, but I don't need to make a decision until AF arrives later on this week.  I keep changing my mind each day.

QOTW:  Right now I'm reading a super old book entitled "People of the Lie" by M Scott Peck.  It's kind of heavy reading for a summer book but I leafed through it as a book sale and got hooked.

• Today we have our 90 minute consult on all of the medication and timeline for IVF. We are beginning the process of shots a week from today. I'm very excited and anxious to start. I have a ton of doctors appointments coming up, so I have something to look forward too. ER is scheduled July 8-12th then they will figure if they will be doing a fresh or frozen transfer.

QOTW: I just finished The Husbands Secret. Slow start but one of my friends told me to keep reading, so I didn't. I couldn't put it down once I got about 200 pages in. (It's a 650 page book). I am reading nothing as of now because I am addicted to watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix. Anyone watch this?
    Kristy
  • Loading the player...
  • jnissajnissa member
    It's a little bit of a big week here. Had my HSG last week and all looked good. Have another US this week just to make sure my estrogen priming didn't get out of control. Then a shot of provera and hopefully we'll start to cycle in July. My doctor is actually leaving the practice and I have to switch doctors, which makes me a little nervous. But she got me in with the clinical head of fertility at UPMC so I'm feeling better about it.

Did get some good news last week though! While doing my HSG my doctor pulled up my day 3 lab work and all of my numbers were better than my first IVF. In fact, with my first IVF I only had 3 follies on day 3 and only grew 5 follies total while on stims. This time around I already had 10 on day 3. So I'm cautiously optimistic. It may be a fluke. And quantity doesn't equal quality. But at least I feel less like we're throwing $17 to the wind for nothing. (PS - the only thing I changed from my last cycle was adding CoQ10. So while it may be a post-pregnancy 'wake-up,' I like to think it's the supplement.)

Ohmygosh you guys. I have an 8 month old and a 50 hour work week. I dream of being able to read again. We're going to Costa Rica in November and I'm already salivating at the idea of a week of sitting by a pool and reading book after book.

@goldenkeys - you may want to take a look at this place. It's resorty, but off the beaten path and the suites have private plunge pools and yards. https://www.hotelpuntaislita.com/
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• We are in a holding pattern still. Waiting for this months cycle to start before going in for CD3 bloodwork and sono to start IVF#2, which should be happening in the next 10 days.  We have been trying to keep ourselves busy this month with summery things we wanted to do since we know July is going to be tough between stims, ER and transfer so we've been taking in outdoor concerts, baseball games and trips to the wineries.  It's been nice getting to re-connect and not think of infertility for a little while.  

As far as what i'm reading, I'm a Young Adult Librarian so I always have a huge "to be read" pile, right now i'm reading "Finding Audrey" by Sophie Kinsella, it's her first attempt at writing for Young Adults.  

@kristylang I hope all went well at your appointment today and that you get through your stims with minimal side effects!  
    @jnissa congrats on your good numbers! 
    @goldenkeys - good luck with the planning!  Off the beaten path and peaceful sounds amazing right about now! 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• tripplek1988tripplek1988 member
    edited June 2015
    Hi everyone this week I'm just waiting for AF so I can start my first round of clomid I'm very anxious and nervous and seems like AF is taking forever to start. I've been very busy with a new job remodeling my house and preparing for my vacation to Jamaica in July. This has been a great distraction for me. These days I'm not reading anything I think I've read so much over the last 4 yrs that I need a break.
    @goldenkeys good luck with the planing it's always great to get away @jnissa good luck with your journey it's always a sigh of relief when you get some good news
    Married 03.30.12
    TTC Since September 2011

Me: 27  DH: 28, 
    Dx: PCOS/Block right Fallopian tube
    Treatment: clomid.

• Vane55a1CJVane55a1CJ member
    edited June 2015
    Hi all...it's nice to hear where everyone is this week. I've been working on weight lose and decreasing stress. Ive been doing some gardening for the stress and it kinda worked. At the end of this week we will find out if this cycle is the one, although I'm feeling all sorts of symptoms, we are still trying not to get our hopes too high. HSG test is up next if needed.

@kristylang I Watch OITNB...Too Bad I BINGE Watched THE Last Season Over A Weekend LOL

I just read Hope (THE Cleveland story about the kidnapped girls). I'm looking for something new any suggestions? A friend suggested Melissa Rivers book about Joan has anyone read it?

@goldenkeys would love to hear where you decide to go..keep us updated :)
    Married Sept. 2011
    Me- 33 all test have come back normal
    DH- 37 all test have come back normal
    TTC since Sept. 2013
  • I've been Mia for a bit. Last two weeks were a bit emotional following another bfn followed directly by another birthday... Well birthday was good but the getting older sucks. We are back at treatment but just puregon this time because my lining is always so thin. Yesterday was cd9 with nothing measurable but they said it might take a bit longer this time.

Reading currently: the little old lady who broke all the rules and the poison wood bible. I'm easily distracted and not really into either right now. Good luck everyone!
  • @kristylang: Good luck with all of your appointments, and keep us posted!  I haven't watched OITNB yet, but all of my friends are hooked on it.  I'll need to do a marathon so that I can get caught up I guess.

@jnissa: Congrats on a clear HSG and a really great AFC!  I love Costa Rica and am going to go back one day myself.  I'll definitely check out this link... thanks!

@Cupcakegal930 - Okay, you definitely have an awsome job.  I probably wouldn't be able to get any work done in your shoes because the world disappears when I am reading, and I get annoyed when somebody yanks me back to reality :-)

@tripplek1988 - That's definitely our lives: half the time we are praying for AF not to come and the other have we're pissed that AF hasn't shown up yet.  Have fun on your vacation to Jamaica!

@Vane55a1CJ - FX that this cycle really is the one! If not, we will be here to support you though the next steps.

@Boogaloou - A BFN + a birthday is a double whammy.  GL with the puregon!

• jnissajnissa member
    @Vane55a1CJ - Gardening is my stress reliever, too! That or running, but at this time of the year the more time in the garden the better.
    @Cupcakegal930 - Uh, best job ever. But also, did you like how I was like, "Great news! But maybe it's a fluke..." IF wears you down with expectations :(

Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Round 2 with Femara was a bust. We will be taking a break while we look for a new clinic.

Does anyone have experience with switching clinics they care to share? Do you have to do consultation and testing all over again? How did you pick a new clinic? Does your clinic require payments at the time of service or do they bill you?

My biggest complaint is that it is incredibly difficult to get an idea of IUI costs. Most of the clinics I've been looking at are very open with their IVF costs which is awesome, but we aren't at that point yet.

QOTW: not reading anything at the moment. We're looking for a house so I spend most of my time outside of work either looking at pictures online or in and out of the car looking at houses.

Me (26) Him (27)
    Dx PCOS November 2010
    21 cycles TTC
    HSG April 2015 - all clear!
    May 2015 - 5 mg Femara cycle days 3-7 BFN
    June 2015 - 7.5 mg Femara cycle days 3-7 BFN
  • eekerseekers member

Tomorrow morning is the big day - taking the pregnancy test to find out if we conceived this cycle.  I'm feeling overly emotional and could cry at the drop of a hat.

Does anyone else struggle with their parents putting extra pressure on them to conceive?  My dad has been overly pushy lately and wants me to take all of my brother's kids old baby stuff.  I tried explaining to him that I may not even need those things ever.  To give him the benefit of the doubt they don't know how much we're struggling but it still stings when it gets brought up.  I just don't think I could have all of that stuff around without knowing it will actually happen.  Maybe I'm overreacting...just wish he could back off a little.

QOTW: I'm reading The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.  Only a couple of chapters in but seems really good so far.  I really enjoyed Gone Girl and I hear they have similar storylines. 

• @jnissa  I just started CQ10 this past month, my RE said it couldn't hurt to try to boost egg quality.. We will see what happens with this coming cycle as well (who knows that could be a fluke too!).  and yes, IF does wear  you down. Some days I'm ready to throw in the towel but this month's break helped get my head back in the game.  
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Had my IUI yesterday, had one follicle at 21. Now onto my 2WW!
  • We transferred 2 day 5 blasts on Monday, now all we can do is wait..wait...wait!
    @goldenkeys- my DH and I went to this cabin in Asheville over Christmas. It's so private and beautiful, but just 8 mins from downtown. Check it out: https://www.vrbo.com/302132
    Me: 36 DH: 38 -TTC since May 2011. Bilateral mid-tubal blockages. Starting first IVF minimal stim cycle in June. Labs-Day 3: TSH 1.60mIU/L FSH 6.8mIU/mL Estradiol 46 pg/mL Day 10: FSH 5.3mIU/mL 
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    edited June 2015
    Sorry for the delay, I've been battling a cold all week now but am finally on the mend.  

Update:  Saw my RE on Tuesday and DH second SA came back better but not amazing but she thinks maybe with Clomid we could have a chance.  We'll most likely do 3-4 round of Clomid and if things aren't happening, we will move onto IUI.  I just started my Provera yesterday so things are moving forward slowly.

QOTW:  I go through phases of reading but lately I have been loving it!  @KristyLang I just finished The Husbands Secret and loved it!  @Eekers I read The Girl on the Train too and it was really good!  Sharp Objects by the same author as Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn) is a great easy read too if you like those kinds of books.  I am about to start Reconstructing Amelia.  Sending hugs to you!  My parents aren't pushy at all but my in laws are.  They buy baby clothes for grandchildren they don't have...I just find it offensive.  I know they're intentions are good but sometimes thoughtless.  My MIL makes comments about how so many women her age already have grandchildren in school, etc. (she had kids later in life so I am not sure why she feels the need to pressure us).  We've been pretty private with her just because I can't deal with all the questions.  My parents know and think maybe she'd calm down if she knew what we were going through but I think it would make things worse.   I feel for ya!  

@triplek1988 I am starting my first round of Clomid too!  Best of luck :)

@GoldenKeys, we rent a house near Charleston once a year or so and love it!  It's peaceful but there is tons of stuff to do if you want to get out for a bit.  
  • Hi all, We are not starting stims until Aug. I started acupuncture a couple weeks ago and I already feel much more relaxed. And we got another puppy! She's a 14 month chocolate lab and we named her Molly. We have a 10 year old chocolate lab named Maya. They seem to be getting along okay. New dog=distraction from IVF!
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match
  • Hi Ladies,
    I was hoping to be added to the check in

1. Been trying on our own for over 3 years. Started seeing an RE for help a few months ago

2. PCOS

3. Clomid with triggershot and IUI
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 -