May 2015 Moms
Options

AngelCare vs. Snuza movement monitors

which one do you recommend and why?

Re: AngelCare vs. Snuza movement monitors

• Options
    I have the angel care & love it. It monitors her movements great & sets off an alarm if she isn't breathing. It works great b/c everytime we take her out of the pack & play & forget to turn the monitor off the alarm goes off ;) The video monitor also tracks the room temperature & ticks to confirm that she is breathing. It is also a night light! I have never been worried about her sleeping b/c of the angelcare. If you get it I would suggest going all out & getting the video one :)
  • Options
    I have a Snuza and it's been a huge letdown thus far! :( Doesn't fit DD right so constant false alarms.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Snuza and love it so far.  We chose that over the Angel Care since I wanted something that could be used more than in just the crib or Pack n Play.  During the days, DS sleeps in his crib, and at night, he's in his Rock n Play, but we wanted it to work in the car seat too for long car rides.  

We've had two false alarms (and he wears it non-stop), and they were both when someone was holding him, and the monitor just got slid around his side and wasn't touching him.  It did go off yesterday while someone was holding him directly in front of me, and I reached in his swaddle to adjust it thinking it had just moved, but it was right on his stomach, and then I realized he legit hadn't taken a breath.  Hopefully, he would have started breathing again on his own in a few seconds, but regardless, I'm glad that we had it because I grabbed him and woke him up and startled the hell out of him. 
  • Options
    There is a new thing called mobi at babies r us that looks interesting it is a onesie that had a magnet attachment that sends info to an app. It's expensive though. But can be used in different locations so that's a plus
  • Options
    We have the Snuza and LOVE it!! We originally were looking at the Angel Care but it can't be used on dual mattresses and the mattress we have is newborn on one side and toddler on the other - so that ruled it out for us.

We had one false alarm the very first night home from the hospital and it was because we didn't slide the Snuza snug and tight onto her diaper. After that mistake (and heart attack) we never made that mistake again!

Our girl was 6lb. 14 oz. at one point and the Snuza fit her perfectly. I find that making sure the diaper is on snug and then rolling the top of the diaper over once and sliding the Snuza all the way down keeps it firmly in place.

And yes, the ease of having it on her wherever we go is awesome! If she's asleep in her bassinet, crib, swing, stroller, carseat...she's covered and we have peace of mind.

I'm actually buying one as a shower gift for my nephew's baby-to-be because of how life changing the Snuza was for us. Without it, I don't think I would get any sleep...ever.

• Options
    I got the snuza and we've only had one false alarm where I think it just wasn't placed right on her diaper (after a middle of the night diaper change). I absolutely love how easy it is to use and totally makes me feel better about sleeping at night. We have it on Her diaper under her swaddle jammies so when I wake up at night I can see the little green light flashing and I can peacefully go back to sleep :)
  • Options
    Just got a snuza... I'll review after tonight... hoping to avoid the mistake of not putting it on snug enough and not have any false alarms.
  • Options
    jtay85jtay85 member
    I ended up going with the Snuza and I love it so far! I've actually been able to get some sleep the past couple of nights without having to stare at the video monitor. Thank you for everyone's input!
  • Options
    Does anyone have the snuza go?
  • Options
    Have a Snuza and love it. No false alarms so far and it's super easy to use. Huge peace of mind when sleeping in the crib :)
  • Options
    I do and love it
  • Options
    After two nights I'm in love with the Snuza! No false alarms, we just make sure to get it snug on her diaper, and i think being swaddled helps keep it in place. I love all of the features.. the blinking light, ticks, the fact that it will show me if it did have to vibrate, etc. I already feel much more at ease.

For those of you that have had it for a while... where did you get your battery replacement? I've looked online but reviews of all of them are horrible!
  • Options
    Also I haven't researched the Snuza go... can't imagine why the one i have isn't already portable enough.