TTC After a Loss

When do you test?

Just wondering when you ladies take pregnancy tests. I used to test before AF was due, but then if I got BFN, I wasted tests. Then with my last BFP I got it before AF was due but then miscarried at 5 1/2 weeks. Keep thinking that if I hadn't tested so early, I may never have even known I miscarried. The TWW is so hard though too!

Re: When do you test?

• WLJ2WLJ2 member
    It depends I usually test about 10dpo. When I got bfp I tested the day it was due. Buy cheaper tests if you want to test early.
  • When I received my BFP last time, I just used the dollar store tests if I felt like I couldn't contain myself from testing. Then, when you think you see a line, that's when I would go buy the more expensive tests to really see if it was true or not. The dollar store brands are still under my sink and I plan on using them again this time for sure! 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Loading the player...
  • I start testing at 11DPO. Though last month I tested that early and ended up having a chemical pregnancy. I want to wait to test this month until AF is due but I also want to know if I have another chemical pregnancy to decide if I should wait a couple cycles to try again. I'm torn lol

Married 5/31/14

I'm 25 DH 22

TTC #1 since May 2015

• I don't test until I think AF is at least 3 days late.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I only test early with dollar store tests. It's not worth the heartache to pay more.