March 2015 Moms
Options

Tummy time regression?

My LO is 12 weeks and seems to be going backward on tummy time. Two weeks ago he was holding his head up really well and could roll halfway. One time he ruled completely with a small nudge. The past few days though he just lays there for a few minutes and starts crying bloody murder. He doesn't even lift his head. The babysitter has said he hates tummy time so I'm worried she's not doing enough. Is it possible for them to regress without enough practice? Should I be worried?

Re: Tummy time regression?

• Options
    I don't have the answer but I have the same situation. My son will hold his head up good but is not rolling over to his back and he had been doing that since two weeks old. This week he won't and he just screams!
  • Options
    I am getting worried too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine did that too, but went back to rolling over! No idea why
  • Options
    My daughter is doing the same thing. I'm not sure why but suddenly it seem she's no interest in tummy time. All she does is cry even when I'm right next to her.
  • Options
    My son rolled over at 4 weeks old but has hated tummy time since the beginning and cries the whole time he is on his tummy. He holds his head up good but refuses too roll over now at 15 weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, everyone! It's nice to know it's not a total anomaly. I did start doing tummy time on the boppy pillow and he tolerates that a little better for a little longer. But I'm not sure it's as beneficial.
  • Options
    SMac2013SMac2013 member
    edited July 2015
    My baby is the same. When he was younger he loved being on his tummy. Now everyday is a struggle to do this stupid tummy time. I have started to flip him on his tummy on his changing pad after every diaper change (he lasts maybe 3-5 minutes). I also bought an activity gym with a tummy pillow he hates. He seriously spits up almost every time he is on his belly no matter how long after he eats we wait to do it. He still isn't rolling over or really pushing up a lot. He will lay on his arm and suck on his fingers then face plant on the mat. I am hoping he will eventually get better at it but it's driving me crazy! 8-}