March 2015 Moms
Options

BF Mom and high fever:(

we're calling the pediatrician now, and I apologize if this thread is a repeat but if so I haven't seen it in awhile. I have a temperature that's been as high as 103 and I'm breast feeding. I've been pumping and trying to stay quarantined, but from what I've read he's already been exposed before I had symptoms and it's actually ok to breast feed. I don't want to take any unessisary chances, I'm terrified I'll get him sick, but it's tough to keep up with pumping. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Re: BF Mom and high fever:(

• Options
    He's already been exposed to whatever you have. It's safe to breastfeed- as your body builds up antibodies they will be transferred to your baby through your milk. If common cold symptoms don't present themselves soon, make sure you go to the doctor in case you need antibiotics. If your body feels really achy, check for mastitis.
  • Options
    Yep. Just keep breastfeeding. Make sure to drink lots of water and try and eat soup! Keep pushing the liquids!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Copy that! Thank you ladies:)
  • Options
    @aframe77 Hope you get well soon!
  • Options
    I'm dealing with the same thing right now. No fun. :( still breast feeding and I'm so glad it's over the weekend so hubby can watch my older daughter.
  • Options
    KD32412 thank you! The pediatrician gave me the greenlight as well so I breastfed throughout the rest of my sickness. (Another 2 days) Now baby and I are both feeling great. Adelems I hope you feel better soon!