Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Overstimulated, crying/fussy in evening

My 5 week old is very fussy and continually cries every evening from about 6-9 pm or longer. I read it could be caused by overstimulation from daytime events. Has anyone else dealt with this and how long did it last?

Re: Overstimulated, crying/fussy in evening

• Options
    i call it the bewitching time. all of my babies did it and basically you just try and console them . walk outside, play baby white noise, swaddle, lay on stomach. whatever works it will pass. 
  • Options
    Mine is 8 weeks and we are still going through it. 6:30 to 8:30 like clockwork
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sarakat14 said:

My 5 week old is very fussy and continually cries every evening from about 6-9 pm or longer. I read it could be caused by overstimulation from daytime events. Has anyone else dealt with this and how long did it last?

Google Period of Purple Crying. This is normal & how long it lasts is completely individual.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Wi went through the same thing with my daughter. She's now just about 10 weeks and she doesn't get as fussy because we have been putting her to bed around 8 or 730 instead. She usually gets fussy around 6. Just keep on trying whatever calms her down...I found out that she loves the sound of a vacuum cleaner. We tried whatever just so she would feel better, but it's so hard to figure out will help. I think it's a lot of trial and error. Sometimes whatever you do won't help either. Hang in there and eventually it will pass.
  • Options
    I've been through it with all 3 of my kids. The thing that helps the most is putting her in the wrap and taking a walk around the block.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15