High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

T21 and T18.... 1 in 10

smlitwillersmlitwiller member
edited June 2015 in High-Risk Pregnancy
Just got home from our OB where we found out that our odds for T21 are 1 in 10 and our odds for T18 are 1 in 10, results from our Nuchal (sp) scan and bloodwork. I am so worried about little one. We did the Verify bloodwork right away, the one where they can test the fetal DNA from the mothers blood and should have results in a week. My son and daughter did not have any health concerns so this is a new road for me. I was gslitwiller on here with my son 4 1/2 and daughter 2 1/2 but couldn't get into my old account. If anyone has any tips or research I should look at I have no idea what I am doing other than waiting a week for more specific results

Re: T21 and T18.... 1 in 10

• Options
    I know it won't be easy, but I'd try not to Google. I know the 1:10 is scary, but you're doing what you can by doing the blood test and you have a 9:10 chance that everything is normal, too. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    You have a 90% chance your baby is perfect !! Remember those tests aren't very accurate. I would only rely on the verfy test.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand your fears. I too was told 1:10 for t18 based on maternal screening. I spent the next 2 weeks devastated in a haze. Finally saw a genetic counselor and had panorama test. 4 days later the results; 1:10,000!!! My advice, think, prepare, hope....Goodluck