April 2014 Moms

2 naps to 1...

If your LO only takes one nap now, what time do your normally put them down at... and how long is your nap typically? Think we are moving to one nap very soon...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 naps to 1...

• C goes down between 12 and 1 and naps for 1-2.5 hours. If the nap ends after an hour she goes to bed a little earlier that day (sometimes)
  • She's goes down between 12 and 1. She usually sleeps 2 hrs, sometimes a bit longer. She wakes around 7am and goes down for bed before 7pm.
  • Loading the player...
  • smushismushi member
    We're still generally getting two a day, one around 8:30 and one around 1;30.  If I miss it though, the window closes and we enter fuss bucket-dom.  

Daycare was doing a noon to 2 nap from 1 year on.  He was abyssmal those evenings.
  • We are still 2 naps a day and dd NEEDS both of those naps. She usually naps around 8:30 and around 1 both for an hour and a half to 2 hours. When she goes back to day care in August she will have to do 1 nap 12:30-2:30. I'm terrified for how that is going to work. She is a crabass by 9am if she hasn't taken a nap by then.

When we start to transition we will just slowly push back her morning nap. I'm dreading it, I like 2 naps!!!
  • smushismushi member
    I'm with you @sherks11.  Naps are sacred.
  • Our daycare only does 1 nap a day now but I still try for two naps a day on the weekend. Nap #1 @ 9-10am. Nap #2 at about 3-3:30pm
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• For those of you who are down to 1 nap, what were your signs that your LO was ready?
  • Good question @yellowflower15! 2 naps is still working for us for now, but I'm curious what to watch for too.
  • Me three! I swear some days he seems so ready to go to one and then others he takes two long ones. Babies are confusing.
  • We are back to 2 naps.... but I agree... sometimes she skips the 2nd one.. but then is a terror by dinner.. very confusing. We still do a 9:30-11  and 2-330/4ish. I will not let her nap past 4
  • Not that this is helpful either but I was wondering the same thing! She seems to need the two and is sleeping great at night....
  • At daycare LO has been operating on one nap lately, so on the weekends I try to keep the same schedule. He's up at 6:30 for breakfast, snack at 8, lunch at 11, nap at noon. Nap is usually about two hours. They keep the mornings busy with a walk and programs (art, circle time, etc) to keep him awake.
  • The only way we knew was when she was consistently harder to put down for the first nap. Some days she's still super tired by ten, but we can push her to naptime at 12 and she's fine.
  • Kriztyn said:

We are back to 2 naps.... but I agree... sometimes she skips the 2nd one.. but then is a terror by dinner.. very confusing. We still do a 9:30-11  and 2-330/4ish. I will not let her nap past 4

This is my new rule too. No sleeping past 4!
  • Some days he fights and some days he seems to really need two naps. There have been a few days where we've missed the morning and so I've tried a mid-day nap thinking maybe he'll just do one nap. But then he's only slept for an hour and that doesn't seem like enough for one nap a day... Or does it? I am finding that the two naps are getting shorter - the morning nap is definitely down to one hour.

I'm generally confused ;)
  • Some days he fights and some days he seems to really need two naps. There have been a few days where we've missed the morning and so I've tried a mid-day nap thinking maybe he'll just do one nap. But then he's only slept for an hour and that doesn't seem like enough for one nap a day... Or does it? I am finding that the two naps are getting shorter - the morning nap is definitely down to one hour.

I'm generally confused ;)

Somedays C will only nap an hour- you can't make them nap longer! We just tend to put her to bed a littler earlier.

I knew it was time for 1 nap when she wasn't tired enough for an afternoon nap until closer to 3 and then she wasn't tired enough for Bedtime. Some days she'll take 2 naps if she's extra tired or not feeling well.