August 2015 Moms
Options

I'm fat (rant)

32 weeks with twins right now and this morning my grandmother decided to tell me that I should cut down on my eating because I'm getting fat... I'm not exactly tiny but I'm not huge either besides the bump of course and have been on track with weight gain the whole pregnancy. Has anyone else had an issue with people not having a filter on what they say? Super frustrated.

Re: I'm fat (rant)

• Options
    WeringWering member
    My mother in law was polite enough to point out that "all of my body fat must be shifting from my stomach to my back" during my first pregnancy. Gee, thanks. I now have a complex regarding back fat, BTW.

Don't listen to what anyone else is saying. If your doctor/midwife is not concerned, you shouldn't be either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. I got a pile-on at work yesterday. After a meeting like 5 people felt the need to tell me how huge I looked, that I looked like I was about to pop, etc. Luckily I was in a good mood and just batted my eyelashes and said "I don't know what your talking about." and "the baby is the size of a pineapple!" Just ignore the feedback. Unless your doctor is concerned, you don't need to be concerned. I am sure it is well-meaning just like my coworkers.
  • Options
    Had a birthday gathering for my brother on Monday night. My moms best friend was there and said she thinks its triplets. She was joking and says twins all the time but lately its starting to bother me more. My grandmother also said I looked like I was walking backwards. Again, all in good humor but I still found it hurtful. Since these are prominent people in my life, I hear it more. A random person would not hurt the same way. I do intend on mentioning it to my mom so that she can casually address it. I am a big girl, and would say something but I feel much to emotional lately.
  • Options
    I started showing alot earlier with this pregnancy than my first which prompted my whole family to comment that I must be having twins constantly (I'm not) and other things like that. I'm also carrying the baby a lot different than DS which made my grandma think I was having a girl, until the day she comes out with "idk hun your ass is getting awfully wide so maybe you are having a boy" lol thanks grandma that makes me feel so much better. Trouble is she was right, I am having a boy lol
  • Options
    My mom said to me once "Hey Fatso" while eating a box of junior mints. (The little chocolate candies)... I was like look who's talking. She's on the heavy side herself. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
  • Options
    At my baby shower last week my BIL whom I hadn't seen in a month or two said, "wow you got fat!" And I said yes, there's a baby in there. He follows up by saying, "you know what comes next don't ya? Stretch marks!" was speechless. He is only 12 but still, he should know way better than to say that to somebody AND I'm sure he hears those comments from someone else (MIL) because how does a 12 yr old boy know about stretch marks?!

Same baby shower and my mom had everyone play the game about guessing how many inches around my belly bump is (I didn't know ahead of time this was going to be a game). After she measures me she said "wow, you look bigger than that!" I started to cry in front of everyone. It was super embarrassing.
  • Options
    People are ridiculous. A couple weeks ago some random guy with a big ol' pot belly comes up to me and says "wow you're fatter than I am". Definitely makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside - NOT!
  • Options
    I have been high risk the entire pregnancy due to liver problems and waiting on a liver transplant before hand but everything has been perfect. Better than I could have ever asked for. And baby was in the 61 percentile and measuring a tad big! Idk why but I am still extremely small. I have always had a very fast metabolism and just been in shape. I still had a 4 pack of abs 5 months pregnant. My husband and I always joke that our child will come out with muscles. I am built like a 12 year old boy. Just skinny and ripped and I honestly eat junk and don't work out. But everyone always asks if everything is okay with the baby and if he is growing right. Yes. He is. He is fine. He is great. It's so frustrating for people to act like something is wrong with my child already just because I am small. I see three doctors and get an ultrasound twice a month. He is perfect. Worry about yourself.
  • Options
    People always have something to say when I tell them how far along I am. My DH say I should ask the dr. about my legs because they're fat and that's where all my weight going to.

Ignore the comments! Im always being told im having twins, i wont make it to my due date, im huge, etc. So tired of it and PLZ don't touch the belly or ask!