Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Eliminating dairy

I have a few questions for breastfeeding moms who eliminated dairy from your diet or gotna feeding moms who made a formula switch.
- what were the biggest symptoms that suggested you eliminate/switch?
- how old was your baby when you switched?
- how soon did you notice changes?
Thank you!

Re: Eliminating dairy

• Sorry about the Terrible error
    *formula feeding
  • I just eliminated dairy from my diet (started today actually). I'm breastfeeding and my LO is 6 weeks old. A couple of weeks ago he started spitting up after every meal. At first I was told it was normal but the amount he was spitting up it was too much to be normal. He also has a rash all over his chest and mild eczema on his face. His bottom is also irritated because he is pooping too often. The doctor said he has all the signs to have developed a temporary allergy to the protein in cow's milk, which he is getting through me since I consume dairy every day. I was told this is one of the most common allergies in infants and it should resolve itself by the time my LO is 6 months old.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS1 had a bad skin rash on his face and was spitting up. I eliminated dairy and the soy hoping it would help. I did this around 2 months. So far DS2 seems to be ok but he is only just 2 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image