May 2015 Moms
Options

Uterine infection - anyone else??

Hello mommies. I am 13 days postpardum and my Dr suspects I have a uterine infection (waiting on results). I have been having stomach and lower pelvic pain and it hurts to go to the washroom, but I have no fever and my bleeding only increased slightly since a few days ago.

Anyone else get this after birth? Should I be worried? What was your treatment? My Dr has me on antibiotics (penicillin) for the time being.

I suffered from uterine scaring prior to me pregnancy so I am nervous it will come back because of this :(

Re: Uterine infection - anyone else??

• Options
    I had a UTI after birth (had one just before giving birth too.)  I was put on 10 days of Cipro and it cleared it up with no problems.  Drink plenty of water and go to the bathroom frequently to keep cleaning out your bladder and kidneys. 

UTI's are painful as it is and then to have one while you're healing up from having a baby is murder! I hope you get some relief soon :)
  • Options
    Kye042Kye042 member
    I am 3.5 weeks post partum and my doctor suspects the same thing as my lower Stomach is so tender and I'm in a lot of pain. I took 7 days worth of amoxicillin and now they are sending me for an ultrasound later this week. Hope everything turns out ok!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's for sharing. I just found out I have To go for an ultrasound tonight so I'll know more later I hope :( I'll keep you posted.