March 2015 Moms
Options

Summer Fun Ideas

As a teacher the biggest perk is I get to be home with my LO for ten weeks!!! However I am very on the go and my LO loves being out and about. We've been to the zoo, library weekly, moms group twice a week, and the pool. I've signed her up for classes for 3-12mo at a children's museum. I was just wondering what are some things you are doing with your LO this summer??

Re: Summer Fun Ideas

• Options
    faith2flyfaith2fly member
    edited June 2015
    They say that taking our babes to all different places is excellent for brain stimulation & mapping. I am also always trying to think of activities to do with baby ❤️ We took our little guy to a baseball game recently & though he doesn't know what's going on I think it was a good thing for spectating! We also live near the water so taking him to the beach ( or lake if your near one may be good) ... That way baby is having good tactile sensory experiences as well. In our area there is a mom that does babywearing ballet. Also taking them to an aquarium as well as the zoo may be fun ❤️I like to wall places with him in the stroller too just so he can hear the sounds of nature & get fresh air! Another friend has something called "stroller strides" at her local mall where moms workout with their babies ... Hope these are some new suggestions or have sparked other ideas for you
  • Options
    Thanks! I should take her to the local baseball field to watch a game! What a great idea!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    These are great ideas! Definitely going to start going to the park and look into the museum thing. We usually take him for walks downtown Burbank and look at old books, peek into art galleries, or just walk with him down Ventura so he can see all thr people eating on patios, people walking their dogs, people with other babies. I'm so encouraged to do more with him!
  • Options
    My friends and I go to the local farmers market with our babies and toddlers every week. So we decided to take our kids to an orchard out of town to go pick strawberries! I am just so motivated to expose her to whatever I can before its back to daycare in August!