March 2015 Moms
Options

Flat spot on the back of head

My little girl is 13 weeks old and is starting to develop a slight flat spot on the back of her head from how she lays. I'm a ftm and am worried if it's normal. I wake up in the middle of the night and turn her head the other way but it always ends up going back to where she is comfortable. Does anyone have any ideas to help it so it doesn't get worse and is this a normal problem that happens with babies? Thank you! :)

Re: Flat spot on the back of head

• Options
    Maybe try one of these flat head syndrome protection pillows or beanie. Hope this helps!

BabyMoon Pillow - For Flat Head Syndrome & Neck Support (Sears has them)

Tortle Repositioning Beanie (At babysrus)

• Options
    My 1 year old had the flat head syndrome. He still has it a little but when he was a baby i went and bought him the tortle beanie. Helped alot. U put the pillow part where the head is flat so that they wont lay on that side of their head. Also the ped. Told me that vit. D. Helps. To have him in the sun. Also as they get older it gets better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    During the time when she is awake don't lay her down. Hold her or wear her. That should help
  • Options
    When she is asleep you can prop her head to the side with a rolled up blanket.