August 2015 Moms

bumping belly into things?

atthemomentatthemoment member
edited June 2015 in August 2015 Moms
Am i the only one who keeps bumping her huge bump against things? Its like it doubled in size this past two weeks and im not used to the small distance between me and everything else!
DS 8/13/15 
Blessed  <3o:)

Re: bumping belly into things?

• Your baby is fine and well protected. I took a nasty kick to the stomach by a jealous 3 year old ( DS) and baby is moving around and just fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• benmel31benmel31 member
    edited June 2015
    Yes, places I used to get through before can be a tight squeeze. I closed the basement door in an odd move the other night and it hit my belly and actually hurt. Also walking through the crowded halls between classes at school is worse than ever.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Last night my husband wouldn't move his feet on the recliner so I could pass... I tried to hit his foot with my hand and instead ended up smacking my belly with my arm. Total fail!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I knocked the wind out of my husband when I went in for a hug!
  • You're not alone. I have recently spotted a few small light bruises on my belly from bumping into things or pulling things (notebooks, boxes) into my belly. I forget it's all the way out there.
  • I almost cried bc I tried to sit on the couch with a plate of food and I dropped it on the floor. I've lost my lap bc of my belly.
  • Oh boy..at least i know im not alone!
    DS 8/13/15 
    Blessed  <3o:)
  • I went to give my husband a kiss the other day, and my belly hit my husband before I did.
  • ammc07ammc07 member
    I went to close the car door after I got out and I smacked my belly with it. It hurt like an SOB.
  • I've had the same problem lately. I've always been slim so I'm used to just squeezing through tight places but that's impossible with this watermelon belly. Also, there have been quite a few times when I'm grocery shopping and hit my belly on the shopping cart. I used to use my stomach when pushing the cart but now it hurts :(
  • I've started leaving wash cloths on top of the dryer because I can no longer reach the cabinets above it.
  • Oh yes... I knocked over a coworkers picture frame because my belly bumped the coat hanger that was sticking out the side of her desk. Whoops. Thankfully didn't break it. I also misjudge things I think I can squeeze behind, but now get stuck instead.  
  • I run into things all the time and my DS runs into it all the time. Neither of us is used to it being so big! ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30   DH: 32   
    TFAS since May 2013
    8/14 - Bloodwork showed heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation and elevated AMH (but no cysts)
    9/14 - HSG, Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy showed tubes clear, but found and removed Endometriosis, scar tissue and 2 small benign masses on my tubes.
    11/14 - Daily ultrasounds confirmed that my follicles are not releasing the egg and every other day blood draws showed very low progesterone... DH's SA was near perfect
    12/14 - moving onto meds!!! Hold up!!!  Surprise BFP after only taking the progesterone!  Now what do I do with all of the other meds we already paid for?!  Due at the end of August 2015 Beta#1- 4434 @ 22DPO  Beta#2 - 7335 @ 25DPO Beta #3 - 14429  @ 28DPO
  • Your baby is fine and well protected. I took a nasty kick to the stomach by a jealous 3 year old ( DS) and baby is moving around and just fine.

@bpwife&amp;mama dude. I get kicked, kneed and hit daily in my stomach by my almost 2 year old. I feel you. Baby is fine :)

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • As a relatively slim person I tend to turn sideways to fit through tight spaces. I think I'm now equally wide whichever way you turn me so I'm finding myself almost getting wedged in awkward places from time to time.... It's hard to break that lifetime habit though!
  • Taking laundry out of my top loader is a struggle being short and pregnant. I have to contort myself everytime.
  • I bump into everything. My main problem is I'm short. So when I drive my car I have a little trouble reaching the petals and I can't move my seat up or my bellY will be squished by the steering wheel.
  • I am used to opening our sliding glass doors only so wide, and keep bumping the belly. I have my chair pushed in too far to the table, and can't fit in the spot I used to be able to. Oh, and I can no longer bend over at the waist. I smoosh her.
    Sigh...9 more weeks.
  • Getting into my car from the garage is becoming a challenge if my husband parks too close. It's like geeeeeeez. Scoot over rudeness!
  • I leaned in for the ritual hug and kiss when my hubs came home from work and she kicked right as I kissed him, we both felt it and it cracked us up, I guess she wanted to greet him too:) the other day I was snuggling with my puggle belly to belly when she kicked and my pup looked at me like what the hell was that? I guess she wants to meet and say hi to all of us!
  • Lmao since my boyfriend has gained his pregnancy weight our bellies bump when we kiss haha but I'm always hitting door nobs and counters..never realized how much bigger I am lol
  • I haven't really been doing it but before school was out, the kids ran into it all the time and now my husband does. Ha! Guess he's not used to it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not only do I bump bump things on accident all the time, I also bump bump my hubby on purpose because I know I can get him to do what I want so that I "won't hurt the baby". All in good fun of course.
  • You are not alone! I'm forever bumping my belly off things, at home and at work, although work is worse. I can hardly reach anything at work anymore because of my bump which is starting to get very tiring. Thankfully my mat leave starts soon (some days though not soon enough).
  • I keep underestimating how much space I need to get through or into an area. I also bump my belly into the door knob every night when coming back from the bathroom.
  • dev85dev85 member
    If I'm in charge at work I have to remove the handle on the desk drawer in order to comfortably sit.
  • I don't fit in normal bathroom stalls anymore :(. I can't close the door so I have to wait for the handicapped stall.
  • Yes, in the grocery store between carts I noticed it a lot.. or while doing dishes. BELLY COMING TROUGH
  • Happens to me too! I notice it most with doors that I have to pull open to walk through. It's like my timing is off now. I end up starting to walk through too soon and hitting my belly on the door. Good thing she's well protected in there! :)
  • I've only ran my bump into a couple things. My knees on the other hand is a different story. The coffee table gets in the way pretty often lol.
  • I was cooking last night and my SO actually stood there and watched to make sure I didn't hit my belly on the gas burner lol. My bump has been bumping into everything.
  • A syrup bottle fell from the cabinet right onto my bump 2 days ago. Yesterday, it felt a bit bruised, but tolerable. Today, it feels like I've been punched in the stomach, especially when I stand. Of course, I googled if I should be concerned. Lol I hate google bc it all says "maternal trauma." I don't think it's trauma, but geez is it annoying! I think I'm pretty much rambling at this point. Haha