Multiples
Options

Preventing stretch marks

Are any of you or have any of you used anything to prevent stretch marks? I gained 40 lbs with my son and didn't get any but I'm scared this time around I may. My mom has then so I expected I would with my son so I was thrilled when none showed. Anyway what are your recommendations?
1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!

Re: Preventing stretch marks

• Options
    MeeeowMeeeow member
    Notta darn thing you can do to prevent them. That being said, I still slather myself with coco butter after every shower. Hah. My mom and sister have them like crazy and so far, I've been spared. Luck? Probably. But I'll still invest in my lotion, haha.
  • Options
    Never got them with my son. Used cocoa butter & coconut oil every night. Did the same routine with my twins and I got them. My belly got HUGE! I made it to 39 weeks & the doc said I was measuring at 60 weeks. Now that I'm 3 months postpartum I have no more belly at all but a lot of loose skin. Yuck. But it seems like the stretch marks may have faded quite a bit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like it might be kind of inevitable with twins because your belly stretches so much! I only gained 40 lbs but it was all baby and my belly was pretty big too. I used burts bees belly butter to help with the itching and tried to prevent the stretch marks, but nope. Still got them.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree that they're inevitable with twins. Unfortunately in my experience the loose skin is too. I used cocoa butter and stretch mark oil every day and only gained 45 lbs. lost it all in the first 8 weeks post partum but I still have tons of extra skin and stretch marks. Sorry.
  • Options

I agree that they're inevitable with twins. Unfortunately in my experience the loose skin is too. I used cocoa butter and stretch mark oil every day and only gained 45 lbs. lost it all in the first 8 weeks post partum but I still have tons of extra skin and stretch marks. Sorry.

Same! I lost all the weight and more, but still have the little pooch and extra skin :(

• Options
    DrD30DrD30 member
    I only gained 35lbs (went to 35+3). I was quite thin before and have stretch marks like crazy and a pooch of loose skin. One week postpartum I was at my prepregnancy weight and down 10lbs at two weeks. I blame a stressful NICU stay.

My obstetrician calls it "twin skin".
  • Options
    I did everything to try to prevent stretch marks and had none until the last week of my pregnancy, and now I have them on my butt, upper thighs, stomach and boobs. I would love to say it is preventable but sadly it isn't. If it is somehow, I wish I had known!

GL!
  • Options
    I might be one of the few lucky ones that didn't get stretch marks with twins. I used religiously honest company's belly balm and ABBA "very emollient coconut lotion" on a daily basis.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I truly believe it is hereditary. my mom had none and gained 65 pounds with each singleton.. She had two.I gained 23 with my first and 49 with the triplets. No stretch marks and a sz 0.
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing. Stretch marks are hereditary. I used mama bee belly butter anyway tho. Mainly for itching. I did not get any stretch marks. Neither did my mom or grandma.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    greks84 said:

Nothing. Stretch marks are hereditary. I used mama bee belly butter anyway tho. Mainly for itching. I did not get any stretch marks. Neither did my mom or grandma.

My mom never got stretch marks with any of her 4 kids so I thought I'd be lucky too! But nope..

• Options
    Sorry if I repeat anything!! I had stretch marks with my son! After a few months ago I discovered 2 things! 1. Mary Kay toner lotion. 2. Essential oils! I use a mixture of coconut oil,(its more moisturizing than coco butter) frankincense and lavender. I loveee it! I used the Mary Kay after pregnancy it helped with the shrinking of the skin. My skin looks and feels amazing with the essential oils mixture! I use it 2x a day!! I actually became a consultant for both products. I think its worth it beyond!!!
  • Options
    malivmaliv member
    edited November 2020

I have loose skin all pregnancy and I actually lost more weight than I gained while pregnant. I hate my belly I definitely don't feel sexy and I watch what I wear it because I just hate my belly. My belly was covered in stretch marks and I tried everything including bio-oil

In Toronto, Etobicoke, Thornhill, Scarborough, Vaughan, Markham, Mississauga, North York, and East York, A Date With Baby is unquestionably the finest when it comes to providing high-quality 3D ultrasound offers.