Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

No more bottle

My LO is going on 15mos and we are just now taking her bottle away from her and giving only a sippy cup. She never has had an intrest in the sippy but at her last check up the doctor said that she shouldn't be using the bottle anymore. She is not a happy camper. Nights are the worse. She usually gets up around 2am for a small feeding like less than an oz of milk and right back to sleep but she is having a hard time with this. I have taken all the bottles and put them away from her sight. Saving them for next baby (hopefully). Any suggestions tired parents here. Thanks. 
imagePregnancy Ticker

Re: No more bottle

• Options
    Maybe try a different kind of sippy cup? We have been trying some out with our twins and so far they each have taken to a different one.
  • Options

You give her that small amount in the MOTN?! That's a habit I'd be breaking real quick!

I agree with PP; try different sippy cups. If you do want to keep feeding her in the night, then give her milk in a sippy cup. If you stay consistent and ONLY offer the cup, she will figure it out. If she wants the milk, she will drink it from a cup instead.

FWIW, I used the hard spout sippy cups for milk and the straw cups for water. It seemed important to my son to have a different type of cup so he knew when he was getting milk versus when he was getting water.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mhwoodmhwood member
    To me, an oz. of milk isn't a "feeding". 

Have you tried soothing her back to sleep instead of giving her milk?
  • Options
    I myself sleep with water by the bed, so I get that she may need a few sips in the MOTN. My DD hasn't woken to eat since around 7 months or so, but about a month ago at 17 months I started putting a no leak sippy of water in her crib. Try putting a sippy she has drank from before with water in her crib...maybe that's all she needs.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I also am having trouble with sippy cups... can anyone recommend their favorite brand?? We do fine with a straw cup for water... but have no interest in a sippy for milk. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker