May 2015 Moms
Options

My body is destroyed..sorry in advance

I have to complain for a few. I'm so depressed and no longer feel comfortable in my own skin. This is my second baby and he has destroyed my body. Not only do I have a very severe diastasis recti but everything hurts. I can't lay on my tummy I can't lay flat on my back or I physically get stuck and my hubby has to help me. I can't play with my 2 year old and even though I do its hard to hold my 7 week old since he kicks my tummy. I still look very pregnant and get asked how far along I am. I no longer even like my husband to look or touch me. If you would see it you would understand...my bellybutton isn't even in the middle it's off to the side....:( physical therapy is no way gonna help this and medical won't cover surgery. I don't want to be miserable for the rest of my life. Love my kids but they messed mommy up. Oh and labor...made me stay in bed while i was in labor after being induced. Keep in mind no drugs...they had to put a belly band on me while in labor super tight to try and get baby out. Would not even let me pee . The worst experience ever. Anyone else need to rant feel free. Sorry ladies really needed to get that out.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: My body is destroyed..sorry in advance

• Options
    I'm with you except I had a csection. Mirrors make me sad at this point. Feeling pretty discouraged.
  • Options
    cece3dcece3d member
    I just had my third baby and I'm chunky on top of that. My husband still can't keep his hands off me... It's annoying. But he's honestly the reason I've accepted the body I have now. He still loves me. There's gonna be a point when you have to accept that this is your body now. People have said motherhood isn't for the fainthearted. This is probably what they are talking about. This last c-section had been my worst. My back is EFF'd up. Even carrying my daughter for long periods of time while standing hurts and this is 6 weeks out (Monday is 6 weeks). My stomach still hurts in places it shouldn't. It also doesn't help when my two year old Rams his head into my back. My stomach feels like a water bed half the time but would I trade these lovely little terrors to have the body I had before my kids... Nope.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kye042Kye042 member
    I hate how my belly feels like jello. And after having a traumatizing c section experience, I now am having complications which has made the pain at 3 weeks PP just as bad as week 1 :(
  • Options
    jmorneau09jmorneau09 member
    edited June 2015
    Oh thank you for this post. Im 4 weeks pp and im ready for some change. I'm so frustrated that none of my clothes fit yet and it's making me want to scream. I loaded both kids up and bought a few pair of shorts...didn't try them on just bought 2 sizes bigger than I wore pre preg...no one wants to try on clothes with a 5 yr old and baby in the dressing room.... got home and they are skin tight..I want to rip my freaking hair out! Also hubbs bought me a gym membership and then he got slammed at work and has been working 6 days a week 6am to 8 or 9pm so ya haven't even been able to go and walking isn't cutting it....wasted a whole week.
    I'm just over this freaking day!
  • Options
    ldmwldmw member
    I'm so sorry! I went on a shopping spree today because none of my clothes fit and I'm sick of being down about my size. I know I wasted $300 on clothes that hopefully won't fit soon once I loose the weight, but then again it's the best $300 I spent to feel better about myself.
  • Options
    I would cry if I went shopping for clothes. I literally have all my guts protruding out of my stomach. TMI but doc says you can actually feel poo going through my stomach....nasty. it sucks so much but I do have 2 beautiful kids out of this.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I hope you have fun. My hubby is the same way but sometimes dosnt realize that his comments can make me feel worse...hunny they will cover your sugary with all that extra skin...aww come on lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Does the feeling of your stomach being like jello or a waterbed go away? I've been feeling like this too and wondering how long it lasts or if working out fixes the problem? I am four weeks PP.
  • Options
    I can't believe the amount of stretch marks I have on my lower abdomen from my DS.  I know some will go away over time but between that and having a jello stomach it's hard to look at myself in the mirror.  DH doesn't seem to mind.

I am also dealing with some pain from a 2nd degree tear... especially when I sit to go to the bathroom.  It feels as though I've been stitched up too tight.  I'm honestly scared to even see what it looks like. 

I love my DS but after 5 and a half weeks I still feel cruddy :(
  • Options
    Girl you earned all the crazy scars and shit that's going on. You're one tough mother and it's going to get easier. I had to induce and the pitocin made my oxygen drop, my son was shifting his head back so I couldn't dilate above 2 1/2, my epidural failed and we had to do an emergency c section where he was cut out in under fifteen minutes because they had me on ketamine and gassed me and he wasn't breathing right. I'm so fucked up still and bloated three weeks later but I know it's going to get easier. I'm sure you're beautiful. Anyone who can survive freaking childbirth is lovely.
  • Options
    For streching marks try Maderma. It's spendy but worth it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Strech marks lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You are beautiful!! You just have to keep telling yourself that. Remind yourself that the stretch marks, pain and flab is all due to a miracle that happened just a few weeks ago. Go look at that sweet baby sleeping and smiling and hold those tiny finger and pat yourself on the back for growing a whole human! Wow that pretty amazing! Women are made of all different shapes and sizes and we need to embrace our after baby bodies bc hello you just had a baby wow!! That pretty freaking awesome in my eyes! Wear those perfect imperfections with pride! I know in your situation you have a long road to recovery but a year from now your going to look back on those stretch marks and a tear will fall bc time went by too fast and you have almost forgotten what it felt like to feel that sweet new life moving in your stomach. Those stretch marks will be reminders of how you felt your first flutter and how your husband was amazed at what your body could do and how the moment you first held that sweet baby your whole world changed! You are doing great. Hormones get the best of us sometimes! Sending love your way!
  • Options

My stretch marks are horrible, but I didn't want to buy anything for them because I didn't want to waist money on something that didn't work. Did that work for you?
  • Options
    From what you described my postpartum self isn't all that bad, but I was a size 0 with curves if you could believe it and loved my body. I'm now a.....size 7? With a muffin top even with a loose waist band since it's mostly saggy skin with a below the bellybutton pooch. Hip band to be more accurate. I don't want to buy mom jeans. My husband is incredibly fit with his rock hard abs and size 28 jeans....he makes me feel worse about myself by simply existing. I'm glad I'm still bleeding at 6w pp because it's a great excuse to not be naked around him. He knows how I feel and all he says is he likes my boobs in a bra (otherwise they're saggy :( ) and that I should do squats. It's hard to find motivation to get fit and lose the extra 19lbs when you're feeling down and have children that need you. My entire belly is littered with old and new stretch marks, which I expected but still sucks.
  • Options

My stretch marks are horrible, but I didn't want to buy anything for them because I didn't want to waist money on something that didn't work. Did that work for you?
    Yes I mean won't take them away but it is wonderful stuff.
    BabyFetus Ticker