February 2016 Moms
Options

Not feeling pregnant!

Hi birth month group!

Firstly, I'll introduce myself as a west coast Canadian first time mom who works as a physiotherapist.

We are so excited to be pregnant with our first and delighted that our due date actually fell on my moms birthday!

I'm having a hard time feeling pregnant. Yes I have the tender and ever so swollen boobs, and I feel I need about twice the amount of sleep as normally, but other than that, in having a hard time believing that I'm actually pregnant and keep wondering if I should actually take another pregnancy test.

Is this normal? Is anyone else feeling like this? Any suggestions on how to make me feel more connected?

Thanks mamas!

Re: Not feeling pregnant!

• Options
    Normal. Count yourself lucky.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    Yup, normal. It's the same for me.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same and I've taken 10 pregnancy tests where there's been no doubt. Besides the sore chest, I feel the same. I can't even tell if I'm more tired because I'm off from work for summer so all I'm doing is relaxing. Part of me wishes I had morning sickness so I'd be feeling more pregnant. I'm about to enter my 7th week on Monday, so maybe it will kick in then?

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Same here. I'm six weeks today.
  • Options
    Yep! I've taken countless HPT and all positive but all of a sudden all symptoms just went away this week. I was experiencing some light nausea and fatigue but now I feel normal so you're not alone!
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• Options
    I am experiencing ZERO pregnancy symptoms, so at least you have some boob soreness going on. Sounds normal. :)
    BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks all! Funnily enough, I actually went out and bought another pregnancy test tonight just because I felt so disconnected.
    Yep... Still pregnant!
  • Options
    I was good last pregnancy til 6 weeks. Then like a ton a bricks symptoms hit me.

Mom of one adorable little boy and excited to do this again.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any symptoms! I'm tired, but I feel like I was tired before anyways. I don't have sore boobs at all, they may look a bit bigger though. I have no nausea, so I think the soreness for you and tiredness is plenty!! Just like @E3A7AGGIE said, you are very normal!
    30, DH - 41
    Married - 12/28/13
    Pregnant w/ #2
    DS - 22 Months 1/29/16
    EDD: DS 4/1/18
  • Options
    I felt the same until this past week. Hunger and fatigue have overwhelmed me terribly. I'm no good. Lol! I'm exactly 5weeks today. Enjoy your No symptom ride!!!
  • Options
    Liz726Liz726 member
    edited June 2015
    I've been that way myself. I said something to DH about it last night, something along the lines of "I keep waiting for pregnancy symptoms to hit me really hard." He looked at me like I was crazy and said: "Seriously? It's knocked you over a few times already." It made me wonder if I'm feeling it more than I realize. I think I was expecting something more consistently terrible. I'm trying to enjoy the smooth(ish) sailing while it lasts. 
  • Options
    Try to enjoy it while it lasts!
  • Options
    Same here! Until last night u started feeling more bloated and gassy..
  • Options
    I really felt like I was pregnant before I could even get confirmatiom from a test and had lots of symptoms early on; fatigue, bloating, headaches, cramps and breast tenderness. Now I only have some breast tenderness and slight cramping. This is so weird. I hope it is normal...I keep expecting to have morning sickness but nothing. I'm not looking forward to it or anything but I just hope it doesn't mean something is wrong.
  • Options
    Same here!! I liked reading this post, made me feel like I wasn't crazy after all! I also took a 4th HPT and very positive. I think I just had to do it to remind myself this is real! I have been confirmed by my Dr as well, but the lack of symptoms just makes it hard to believe! 
  • Options
    Same here! I've taken five tests and they were all positive but other than my breasts being sore and being bloated BEYOND belief I don't feel pregnant and keep forgetting I am! I go to my first appt on 7/3 so I hope things will seem a bit more real after that! :)
  • Options
    Right there with you ladies!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Hey ! Just 5 mins back I was wondering the exact same thing and then I saw your post :) it's my second preg and I seem to have forgotten all about it except in bits n pieces ! But I do rem terrible bouts of evening sickness and mood swings ! Nothing has been happening right now though... I just completed 5 weeks today ! But yeah my legs are giving me a hell of a time and I want to sleep so much ... Maybe that's the clue :)
  • Options
    Add me to the list. 

Other than wanting to go to bed early, all other symptoms seemed to have disappeared. I'm right at 6 weeks and if I didn't have my first Dr appt in a few days, I'd be getting another test just to make sure. 

• Options
    I am 6w1d and I have had basically no symptoms. Only mild cramping and my emotions are in hyperdrive (especially the crying part). No tender breasts and no sick feeling stomach. I know it's crazy to ask for symptoms but I find myself thinking the same thing sometimes. Then I stop really fast and count myself lucky that I haven't her to deal with those things yet.
  • Options
    Same here, just tired.  I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts!  I was horribly dizzy with my son for most of my pregnancy... hoping that doesn't happen this time!
    Pregnancy Ticker  

• Options
    Same for me! This is my second pregnancy and I keep thinking that something may be wrong because all I feel is overtired ( which may be contributed by my 2.5 yr old ) and some mild cramping. My last pregnancy I had constant morning sickness at this point. Not that I want it the morning sickness, but it feels weird not to have it yet.
  • Options
    Same for me! I'm six weeks today and this is my first so I have no idea what's normal. It seems weird to me that I don't feel anything! I definitely pee more but I have also been drinking a ton of water so might not be because of the pregnancy.

I really can't wait for my diet Drs appt so they can confirm everything is going smoothly ( I really hope!)
  • Options

I feel the same and I've taken 10 pregnancy tests where there's been no doubt. Besides the sore chest, I feel the same. I can't even tell if I'm more tired because I'm off from work for summer so all I'm doing is relaxing. Part of me wishes I had morning sickness so I'd be feeling more pregnant. I'm about to enter my 7th week on Monday, so maybe it will kick in then?

Oh wow, I feel like I'm on the same boat as you with the symptoms and having taken so many test that are no doubt all positive, I too turn 7 weeks on Monday too, how exciting

:)