VBAC

Any natural ways to start labor

kelleym95kelleym95 member
edited June 2015 in VBAC
I'm 35 weeks and am completely happy being pregnant. I don't want to start full on labor, more just prepare my body. I also would rather not do anything with side affects (castor oil, medication ect.) Just curious if I can do anything to get ready for baby. P.s. I've heard the pineapple thing and I'm allergic.

Answers

• WeringWering member
    In week 39, go to a massage therapist "known" for inducing labor. There are certain techniques that massage therapists can use that induce labor. Hence the importance of a prenatal trained massage therapist during pregnancy (they know what to avoid). 
  • I tried all the old wives tales with my first:

Bounced on an excercise ball
    Took long walks
    Ate spicy foods
    Drank raspberry leaf tea
    Ate pineapple core
    Had sex
    Used evening primrose oil capsules

Nothing worked.
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried all the old wives tales with my first:

Bounced on an excercise ball
    Took long walks
    Ate spicy foods
    Drank raspberry leaf tea
    Ate pineapple core
    Had sex
    Used evening primrose oil capsules

Nothing worked.

I tried all of these plus an entire bottle of castor oil and using my Breast pump. Using the pump gave me some contractions but nothing got labor going for me with my 1st or 2nd baby.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I have no idea if it was a coincidence or not, but I went in to labor the early morning after going on a super long walk and taking like 2 table spoons of castor oil. She was born on her due date.
  • I soaked in a bath with clary sage essential oil and drove down a bumpy road but I think relaxing and letting go of my need to control everything is what really helped.