July 2015 Moms
Options

Rant!

Im really set on natural non-medicated birth, which is crazy because i am a whip when it comes to pain. But the thought of a needle in my spine is way scarier. if i opt of the epidural then i do. i have been reading tons of birth stories and doing a lot of research on it so i really know i can do it. women have been doing it for thousands/ millions of years so its possible not to be drugged. my husband is behind me 100%.  but he is the only one  i tell my mom and she is like there is no way YOU can do it. I'm better with pain then you are and i couldn't do it so no way you can.  i tell my grandmother who is the person who raised me and she has the same response. why would you want to go through the pain if you don't have to they have the needle for a reason. IDK maybe i want to be able to get out of the hospital bed after i give birth and be attentive. at least its pushing me more to make sure i get though it non medicated so i can shove it in their faces.  well thats one of my rants. my other one is my hubby and i want to cloth diaper we have for the last 3 years now. its cheaper, better for the environment, better on the baby. just all around better. yes its going to be stinky and at times gross. but we decided that is what we want to do.  well his parents are like you are going to get over that real fast you won't last doing it. i didn't so you can't. it just really gross why would you do that all this shit.  and i get the same thing from my side also. and my ex-friend (story for another time) is like i won't watch the baby if i have to do cloth and thats the most vile thing in the world.   so I'm just getting negativity from everywhere and all the dessions we have made. it really pisses me off and makes me want to cry at the same time.     i thought people are suppose to be supportive when you are pregnant. At least i have my husband behind me. but geez it makes me not want to tell anyone anything anymore. 

Re: Rant!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    As long as you and your husband are on the same page that's all that matters :) maybe I have been lucky, I have been on bed rest and see NOONE haha so no one telling me how to do things and how I look and criticizing how my husband and I are preparing for the baby. It would be nice to get some more positive energy and support on decisions BUT to be honest, you guys are the parents :D and that's all the love and support you need. The only person you need to be hearing and getting positive vibes from are your husband :D sorry you are getting all these negative thoughts from people that really shouldn't be giving you them, make it your motivator, prove them wrong ;)
  • Options
    Oh sweet! That's awful! I don't know how is handle that at all! I'd be snapping left right and center. I had family giving us grief for the name so we just stopped telling people.

For the record though this is your pregnancy, your labour and your baby. Just because they couldn't do it, it doesn't mean that you can't!!!

I say stick to your guns!!! You can do anything you want and even if you do end up getting the epi and switching to disposables you haven't lost or been proven wrong. You'll have made the decisions that are right for you!!
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• Options
    My mom was the same way and I threatened her with keeping her out of the delivery room if she uttered the word "epidural" one more time. It worked.
    TTC since October 22, 2012
    BFP January 11, 2013
    Kellan James Patrick was born September 28, 2013
  • Options
    I feel bad for you because no one is supporting you but whatever the most important person is on your side (your husban!) And that's all that matters... If you want to avoid the epidural injection then do most of the laboring at home ... Only if you are able to handle... That's what I did, because in the hospital they will ask if you want and epidural when they see you in pain. and like pp said its not easy but its possible.. By the time I got to the hospital it was just time to push.
  • Options
    I'm on my phone so I'm going to keep this short.....You can do it!!!!!!
  • Options
    mers90mers90 member
    Here everyone gets c sections "because it is more comfortable, you just set a date and don't have to worry about it". I had a natural birth with my son, with analgesics (hospital's policy that you can't have a 100% non medicated birth) and this time I had to change doctors just last week because even my Dr was trying to force me to have a c section!. If you're convinced that you can, then you can, it's all up to you, and you don't need anyone's support, but luckily you have your husband's. And yes, women having been doing it for ever ... Tell everyone to go-fly-a-kite and just enjoy it!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I'm not gonna lie I'm getting nervous. But I would be more nervous about a needle.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I'm not gonna lie I'm getting nervous. But I would be more nervous about a needle.

Just as an FYI...and I am NOT trying to change your mind, I believe every woman should have the birth that she wants; however to help ease your mind in case you decide you want to get the epi - they numb the area first. You feel a small pinch (doesn't even hurt as much as a flu shot) and then a little burning sensation as the meds go in for the first second. They can also back the meds off at the end so you feel more when it is time to push and then it wears off faster too and you are up and walking faster. Again, I am NOT saying this to try to sway you, but more to help ease your fears if you end up needing or wanting one. I was TERRIFIED of the epi before my first too, this time not even remotely scared of it, just scared of how long it may take the anesthisiologist to get to me if they are busy :)
  • Options
    My mom said the same thing when I told her I was going to have my first baby out of the hospital in a birth center that didn't provide any pain meds. She kept saying I was too much of a wimp. I told her she apparently didn't know me. She still kept discouraging me. I just decided to show her how wrong she was. Had an awesome birth, and smiled and laughed almost all the way through it. Now she's really freaking out because i plan a home birth this time. My experience with cloth diapers didn't work out for me because I had so much trouble breastfeeding I decided not to devide my focus but power to you for going for it!
  • Options
    LAO12LAO12 member
    I have gotten all of the same responses of cloth diapering our twins due in 3 weeks. I just say, well it is a good thing these are my babies then. I am so sick of all the negativity and opinions
    *** Siggy warning ***

DH: 31 normal
    Me: 31 tubal disease
    Married 2011
    TTC 2012
    Clomid x 2 with OBGYN: BFN
    IF testing 2013: blocked left tube, low AMH
    March 2014: Ectopic rupture, emergency surgery and D&C.  Absent left tube and now closed right tube
    October 2014: IVF with ICSI #1 - BFP (17r/14icsi/12f - 2ET 10/27; 7 frosties; Nov7 beta #1= 806; Nov10 beta #2= 2738; TWINS!!!!!  EDD late June/early July 2015)

• Options
    Don't worry about what others say, some people think their way is the only right way. Glad your DH is being supportive!

As with PP, definitely not trying to swat you but yep they numb your back, you hardly feel anything at all. Especially if you're having contractions at that time, you won't even notice the pinch (which is less than getting blood drawn). Also, the epidural does not affect your attentiveness, you're alert the whole time, it only numbs from the waist down and at least in my case, I could still feel my legs, just felt like the we're asleep and I was able to get up about 1-2 hours after. I was do busy holding my little girl that I didn't even notice the time pass. :)

Good luck with whatever you do, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. Do what feels right at that time.