TTC after 35
Options

GTKY.........What is something you love or are passionate about???

The boards get a little slow around here compared to the dark side so for me it can be easy for me to get too busy to check in when things are slow......so maybe a GTKY Q!!

For me the obvious would be photography.....its my job and I love it but its also my bread and butter. Im happy to be one of this people who is passionate about my job but i have other things i love as well. 
The other thing I am passionate about is animals. Animal rescue and animal charities is general. I am a volunteer at my local no kill rescue as someone they can call for fostering bottle baby kittens. Its a lot of work and very hard. Not everyone can do it so I am someone they can call when they need that. At the moment I have 5 rescue kittens. 3 from a litter I was handed at the fragile age of 10 days old, another little feral kitten i caught at 4 weeks, and another that the rescue called me to take in at 4 weeks as well. At the moment they range in age  from 3 weeks to 10 weeks (they have grown!!!) It is exhausting, my house is in disarray sometimes, i wake in the middle of the night and  am caring for them around the clock. I love it. I get a huge, swollen, love filled heart knowing that babies that i took care of move on to go to happy, healthy lives because i was able to take care of them under rough circumstances and give them a chance. 

What about you guys???
SIGGY WARNING
Me 38   DH 34
married 05-21-11 
started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 

Re: GTKY.........What is something you love or are passionate about???

• Options
    Good question Kiersten!!!!!
    I love baking and decorating cakes. Well just cooking in general. I feed people like I'm a little old Italian grandma. But not old and I'm not Italian.
    Another thing that brings me joy is gardening. The smell of just turned over earth is glorious. I love the vibrant colors of flowers and I love growing food that will feed my family (ties in with the cooking).

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm passionate about my job.  I work in Neonatal Intensive Care as a nurse practitioner and the babies I get to help every day fill my heart!  I want to save everyone, but I know we can't always do that and it breaks my heart.  I probably get too attached, but we've had patients in our unit celebrating their first birthday - how do you NOT get attached?  

On a less heavy note, I really love baseball - go Twins!  :)

(Great question @KirstenAlecia! I was trying to think of GTKY questions on my way home from work! Great minds think alike!)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Fun question! I will share two:

I am super passionate about soccer -- Go USA!!!!!  :)

I am also fortunate to have a job i am very passionate about. I am scientist -- and my work is directed towards protecting natural resources. I get to hike and backpack for work and also play with data :)   So it is both a fun job and something i believe strongly in. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    I love art, especially drawing. I do that a lot and also love to play piano. :)
  • Options
    I am passionate about dancing and performing (it's what I do for a living!). I also love writing and have several novels in various stages of completion. Am hoping to devote more time to writing this summer. It's always hard to motivate myself, even though I love it.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options

I am passionate about dancing and performing (it's what I do for a living!). I also love writing and have several novels in various stages of completion. Am hoping to devote more time to writing this summer. It's always hard to motivate myself, even though I love it.

I write a lot also, but have trouble completing one! I always move on to another one before I'm finished because I get a other story idea lol
  • Options
    @Carazona5 Haha, the same thing happens to me too! I get bored of a story and move on to another one. I really want to go back and finish the stuff I started but boy is it hard!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    How cool that there are a few of us that get to do what we love for a living!! That is awesome! 

Im glad you guys like the question! 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    Like @Carazona5, I love art. I'm a graphic designer to pay the bills, but someday I would love to make a living from from fine art.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I'm an artist and love painting/drawing. I also have a passion for art history. I play guitar, sing and knit. Basically as long as I'm doing something with my hands and creating, I'm happy!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dolphin012 I'm a scientist too! But I'm an environmental consultant at the time (thinking of maaaaaaybe getting into teaching).

My passion is the shore. Yeah yeah, who doesn't like the beach? But I like the fluid dynamics of the water lapping into the marsh, and the way the sand shifts each season (geomorphology), and how the tides influence so much.

Part of the reason I'm thinking of becoming a teacher is to make the move to the shore (like 1 hr away At this point). I just am having this unnatural draw to the ocean anymore...
  • Options
    Video games  :)

Ever since I was a shy, introverted only child, I've loved video games and the ability to live entirely new and unique stories.
  • Options
    love all these!
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

• Options
    I really love being outside. I like to go to the beach, hike, go for a walk with my kids or just water my flowers in the sun. I feel like I've wasted sunshine if I stay inside. I also love to read a good book
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses