Pregnant after a Loss

Not Sure If I Am Pregnant or Not

I know the answer is to wait a little longer and retest or go get a blood test.  I know that.  I just need to type this to sort it out in my head.

I'm just trying not to get too hopeful.

It's a long story so I'll try to make it short. 

My first ever pregnancy ended in miscarriage back in February of this year.  When I took a test for that pregnancy I felt like I was pregnant due to certain symptoms, but a test never showed positive until about approximately ten to eleven days.  That was one of those 88 cent Walmart tests.   When I took it the line was super faint but by the next day was a lot more bold. 

So fast forward to now.  I had my second period on May 4th at 29day cycle which is early for me because I average 35 days per cycle.  So hubby and I ttc'ed every other day for two weeks just to get more swimmers in the game since we weren't sure.

AF is overdue even for the 35 day cycle.   I have some symptoms, but they are similar to some period symptoms.  However, I usually do not get period symptoms for more than a week like I have with these symptoms.  I have taken several tests that have came out negative.  So earlier today I was taking a shower and  happened to look at the last pregnancy test  I took (I collect them in a cup and throw them away all at once, once it is full) and there was a very very very very very very very (can i stress the word very enough?) FAINT almost non-visible line. I tried to look closer but ended up getting water on it and then I can't see anything at all because the water is causing a glare.   So I am kind of hopeful that maybe just maybe that was a faint positive.  Other bands of tests have said negative.    So I'm not sure if I'm testing too early.  Only time will tell whether AF shows up or I get a positive test. 

So if you have read all of this.  What is the longest amount of days you had to wait after a missed AF, to get a positive test?  And if it was positive did you go on to deliver a healthy baby and/or having a healthy pregnancy now?

First Pregnancy
  • BFP: 01/25/2015
  • EDD: 09/28/2015
  • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
  • EDD: 05/25/2016
Baby Born
04/15/2016

PGAL

Re: Not Sure If I Am Pregnant or Not

• Vets1Vets1 member
    Hi, I had a stillborn in my previous (&1st) pregnancy, I'm currently only 15 weeks. I thought I could be pregnant this time but the test was Initially negative, 3 days later it was positive. I hope that's the case for you but get a blood test to confirm, Dr should be able to do easily. Good luck!
  • My first pregnancy ended in a (missed) miscarriage, too. I got negative tests this time until the morning my period was due. I tested with my first morning's urine, not sure if that helps it stay concentrated or not! I'm 24 weeks this week and so far, so good! I'm sorry that happened to you. It's hard any time, but it made me wonder if I would ever have a healthy pregnancy since it was my first time. Thinking of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks with my first. Three months later found out I was pregnant again 11+2 today and still going. There is always hope!!!
  • I would get a pink dye test (I like first response) and use first morning urine (or after at least 4 hours of holding it and not consuming much liquid) and give it a few more days. It could be that you ovulated later than you thought (or didn't ovulate at all). A lot of period symptoms are similar to early pregnancy so it's easy to confuse them.

I had my first pregnancy (after TTC for 11 months) end in MC at 8 weeks in December. Started trying after my first full cycle and just got my BFP on May 29th. My cycles were super weird after the MC and there were a few that I am pretty sure I didn't ovulate at all.

Good luck and I'll keep my FX for you!
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • So I just want to chime in and say there is something called an evaporation line, where I'm guessing you can see whatever chemical they put on the pregnancy test to make it change color and it looks like a faint positive, so if you came back to the test hours later this could be what it is.  I hope it is not though.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I'm an impatient person sometimes.  Especially with this.  Let's see I ordered 40 pregnancy tests off of Amazon for about 12 dollars.  They had good reviews.  And I think I'm not even going to wait on that.  I just called my insurance company to inquire about how much my co-pays are for urgent care center that is open after I get off work.  I'm going to go and get a blood test done.  I've met my deductible for the year due to the MC earlier this year and I have a low deductible anyway.  So I'm gonna go and get a bloodtest because I frankly want a baby so bad that I can't wait!  :)

Thank you for your replies.  And I'm sorry for everyone's losses.  Hugs to you all and I hope and pray we all get sticky babies soon :)

First Pregnancy

Second Pregnancy

Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • When do you get the blood test?
  • I took the blood test tonight. There is a FastMed near me that was open until 8.  They took the blood sample and have to send it to a lab.  They said I should know the results by tomorrow at the earliest.   Keep your fingers crossed.  :)

First Pregnancy

Second Pregnancy

Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Saying a prayer for you tonight!
  • Good luck! Fingers crossed!!

Me: 38 DH: 42.
    Married: 9/2008.
    4/2010 - BFP (Natural)
    12/2010 - DS born.
    8/2014-TTC#2 
    10/2014 BFP
    10/2014 Confirmed MC at 5 weeks
    5/2015 BFP
    8/2015 MMC & D&C at 13 weeks  :'(
    11/2015 BFP then CP at 6 weeks.
    3/2016 Started IVF+PGS
    4/2016 ER, only 5 eggs but 3 Frozen embryos made it to freeze. Only 1 PGS normal embryo.
    DOR
    Hypothyroidism
    MTHFR
    DH Sperm with Chromosomal Issues (high % FISH)
    AMH .65
    8/2016 FET #1 BFN
    9/2016 IVF-ER #2  1 normal embryo.
    11/2016 IVF-ER #3  0 Embryos
    2/2017 FET #2 BFP CP at 6 weeks.
    5/2017  BFP Natural. 3 Betas were ok. First US 5-31-2017. Hope it sticks and is healthy!!

• I'm crossing fingers and toes for you!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Anything yet???
  • nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
    edited June 2015
    I just found out about thirty minutes ago. The results were negative. I am not pregnant. Apparently I'm just having period symptoms for two and a half straight weeks. I thought for sure I was. I've never had symptoms last that long before with AF not showing up. But oh well. To say that I am crushed is a complete and total understatement. I foolishly got my hopes up. Live and learn. Next time I'll know better. Back to the TCCAL board I go.

First Pregnancy

Second Pregnancy

Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • You're not foolish, you should be positive and hopeful when you're trying! It may not have happened this cycle, but It could happen next time. I started my period the night my husband took me to the Nutcracker and I was so disappointed that I didn't enjoy the show. The next month, I got pregnant. It'll happen for you, too.
  • :-( it will happen