July 2015 Moms
Options

Hands going to sleep

Does anyone's hands go to sleep at night ..... That you wake up and feel like they are in so much pain ? What does this mean I been feeling my hands like this every night for the past few days

Re: Hands going to sleep

• Options
    Glad I'm not the only one!! Yes, my hands fall asleep really easily and it gets really painful, at night, in the morning..... Asked doc about it and he said that its normal and will go away once the baby is out, something about compressed nerves in your neck or shoulders? I don't know, but he told me it's just something that happens....
  • Options
    I have the same thing, though my thumb, index, and middle finger on my right hand stay somewhat numb all day long too. My dr said it is carpal tunnel syndrome.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel pain in my shoulders shooting down my arm. Plus I just hurt. My arm gets numb some nights. Am I done? ♡
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem. My doctor told me it's totally normal and is carpel tunnel caused by swelling. He suggested I wear a wrist brace while sleeping. He assured me it should go away after I have the baby. Good luck momma!
  • Options
    Yes, my doctor said it was carpel tunnel caused by swelling as well. DEFINITELY get a brace for your wrist from walmart/target, they're a life saver. It helps keep your wrist straight when you sleep, which in turn helps the nerve not pinch, and you not to have to wake up 6 times a night! It's definitely the worst part of my pregnancy so far... :( 
  • Options
    mers90mers90 member
    Same here! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Same here! It's the worst.
  • Options
    Ugh I'm right there with y'all. I shake my hands out all day long due to the numbness
  • Options
    Yes! Every pregnancy. I asked with my first as I had no idea what's causing it. It's just extra blood flow and possibly baby laying on a nerve.. My shoulders, hips, feet and ears will fall asleep.. Yes ears! Lol that's soooo annoying! Just mention it to your doc, it's pretty common but just so she knows in case there's something you can do about it.
  • Options
    It's the worst! I have it too! ... It is the carpel tunnel and doc suggested the braces too.. Can't wait for it all to go away! Good luck!
  • Options
    Yes. Every night!!! So annoying.
  • Options
    Yes. This. My thumb, index and middle finger in my right hand are numb all day. It's horrible.
    BabyFetus Ticker