TTC after 35

Scar from csection- need hysteroscopy?

We have been seeing my RE for about a month going through the standard workup. Bloodwork has all been done. hubby is having his SA and blood work drawn. Upon doing my first ultrasound they found that from my Pregnancy 1 year ago I have a pretty bad scar on my uterus. I was scheduled to have a saline ultrasound and HSG test over the next few days. When they did the saline ultrasound, the md had a hard time threading the wire to my cervix due to the scar. It took a while but when he finally got there, he noticed something on the wall of my uterus. He's not sure if it's a fibroid or possibly blood from my last period. I now have to have a hysteroscopy.

Anyone gone through this? Ugh- I'm just so emotional after today. Nervous and anxious. I have to now wait another cycle to be put on the pill to have the exam...

Sorry for the dissertation!!! Appreciate any insight!!

Re: Scar from csection- need hysteroscopy?

• I'm sorry!  I have no experience with this - though it's been a big fear of mine - but I do have experience with having to WAIT and it sucks.  I hope whatever it is is no big deal!!  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I have had a hysteroscopy.  I was pretty anxious before but it turned out to be a very easy process.   I had a thickened uterine lining so they also gave me a d&c at the same time.   It was completely painless and I felt perfectly fine as soon as the anesthesia wore off, no pain or anything.  GL!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Loading the player...
  • No experience but i wanted to say i hope all is/goes well!!
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Krisd6Krisd6 member
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support :)
    Golden keys- relieved to hear you say it was an easy process. Hoping for the same!!
  • mrseh5mrseh5 member
    This sounds like my story , had the hysteroscopy done and fell pregnant the next month after two years of trying and loss, currently 26 weeks.
  • Krisd6Krisd6 member
    I hope to follow in your footsteps! It's scheduled for Friday!!
    Congratulations on your little one! Hope you are feeling well!
  • I had to have a hysteroscopy for uterine polyps and while I was super nervous before it actually was a piece of cake. Not much bleeding afterwards and after 5 days the bleeding stopped.
  • I had a hysteroscopy too. I didn't have anesthesia at all even though my friend who goes to a different RE had anesthesia.
    It was not awful and the most uncomfortable part about it was the initial water rush. I went to work afterward. One tip I was told and it worked was to take OTC pain medicine 1 hour prior. I had no issues.
    GL!
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle