Babies on the Brain

When to take a home pregnancy test

Hey ladies, 

I just need some advice about maybe when to take an at home pregnancy test. Here is a little background: I stopped the pill on May 3rd and I have not gotten my period since. My last period was April 27th and the next one would have been Memorial Day weekend and nothing. I had my bloating that I usually get but that was it.

Fast forwarding to now, I am not sure when the best time to take a pregnancy test is. I have only been taking my temp since the last weekend of May, so not very long. It started out about 97.3 then shot up to 98.2 and has been 98.4-98.8 (98.8 for 2 Sat/Sun) for the past week and went back to 98.2 this morning. I am on day 43 and according to my ovulation calculator I could have conceived if I did, May 22nd-27th. I don’t know if I did or maybe earlier this month since my body is all thrown off I don’t know the pattern of my ovulation days. Yesterday I had bloating (kind of like a stomach ache but cramps in pelvic area) sore nipples, increased appetite, increased sex drive. I showed some signs of early pregnancy but that could just be me thinking it.

I’m just wondering when I should take a test? Fertility books don’t tell you this sort of thing so I am asking based on your experience and knowledge with TTC if any of you have ideas. I am still learning and writing down everything each day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When to take a home pregnancy test

• Take a pregnancy test when you've missed your period, and keep taking them once a week until you get a positive result, you get your period, or it's been 60 days since your last period (then it's time to call the doctor).

You should also checkout the newbie post on Trying to Get Pregnant and the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
  • Katm89Katm89 member
    I would say take a test now, you have already passed the day where you expected a period. It is possible that your body is adjusting from BCP's but this way you will know.

• Loading the player...
  • satuttle1014satuttle1014 member
    edited June 2015
    Should I assume that these are 2 positives? Should I go to a doctor to make sure? My gyno does not deliver babies so I will have to find a new doctor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. Well I took 2 pregnancy tests a bit ago. The top one was the first one I took but the second line was faint so I was like let me take another with a different style result. 2 positives it looks like. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Katm89Katm89 member
    Congratulations! Even a very faint line is a positive. You are pregnant.
  • Congrats. Now please remove pictures of sticks you peed on. That's disgusting

**Triggers**

Me: 32  DH: 35  Married 10/4/14

TTC  #1 May 2015 BFP: July 21, 2015  Stillborn January 8, 2016

TTC #2 April 2016 BFP: June 17, 2016

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Girl Shih-Tzu and Baby Boy Boston are my furbabies

• edited June 2015
    Did you read the directions on the box? Pretty sure it explains what the second line means..

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Yes I know how to read it but the second line was faint so I don't want to say I'm pregnant and I was not. First time obviously for a positive. 
    Pregnancy Ticker