anyone else's LO have red spots around it's eyes?? — The Bump
January 2015 Moms

anyone else's LO have red spots around it's eyes??

Hi Guys

i woke up this morning to find that my LO has red spots across both her eyes? she rubs them a bit every now and then but doesn't seem to be bothered by it all the time. She doesn't have a fever and is taking to her bottle just fine.

do you think it could be from using a new blanket? I read somewhere that it could be from baby rubbing her eyes after suckling on her hand and that its the saliva that is causing the irritation. 

please respond if you have experienced this with your little angel and let me know what helped take the rash away.

Tried googling and that was a scary thing to do - Dr Google and his answers aren't always right haha

thanks so much

Answers

• My son has the same problem except his is around his mouth and up his cheeks. It doesn't seem to bother him tho. It goes away after a day or two then later on it comes back. I've been wondering what it is. And I've asked the doctor but every time I see her he doesn't have it, so she isn't sure.
  • My little guy had the exact same thing with red dots under his eyes. He was constantly rubbing them. Went to the dr and she gave us eye drops and now its clear. Seems to be some sort of viral infection nothing serious
  • My son has the same problem except his is around his mouth and up his cheeks. It doesn't seem to bother him tho. It goes away after a day or two then later on it comes back. I've been wondering what it is. And I've asked the doctor but every time I see her he doesn't have it, so she isn't sure.

You might want to have your child tested for food allergies. This is exactly how my multiple food allergy child started and the doctor was no help in my situation. I had to push for testing just based off of my own hunch.