June 2015 Moms
Options

Purple Line Theory of cervical dilation??

2»

Re: Purple Line Theory of cervical dilation??

• Options
    janit368 said:

My Doula did this when she came over to the house

@janit368 Tell us more!!!
  • Options
    I saw a little bit of a line, just under the 3cm area, and I'm getting checked tomorrow. It might just be a bruise from my jeans. We'll see. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I have a short butt crack; probably because I have almost no butt. I'm at a 4 cm, I guess? I'll see at my appt Tuesday.
    Btw. Never doing that again! Poor DH.
  • Options
    devyns2nd said:

I have a huge ass so I'm pretty sure I always have that line.

I think I'm having that same issue. My ass is huge.
  • Options
    I "think" my purple line may be like a centemeter longer today than it was yesterday. But this is going by a pic, which had a flash, and it's hard to be totally accurate when comparing. One thing that makes it hard to tell is the variations in red color and purple color. The theory is called the Purple/Red Line Theory, so not totally clear.
  • Options
    Props to you for checking again for the sake of science. Lol. I'll just take my dr's word for it that I'm dilated. Lol. I can't ask DH to do that again.
  • Options
    @Sparklydelite Yeah, only a little awkward but my contractions never met the timing rules and I have a good pain threshold so she was working to see when to have midwife head over. Mine was faint and hard to read
  • Options
    It's true for me as of today. Can't promise I'll remember to go back there and take a peek once I'm in active labor lol but I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow and plan to ask about it.
  • Options
    I have a line all the way up however I'm only dilated to 1.5, not true for me.
  • Options
    For me, the funniest part was looking at the cell phone pic DH took, and realizing that the glare from the flash was right at the part I needed to examine, so I had to ask for a do-over.