TTC After a Loss

my intro

We found out at 9 weeks (march 25th) that our baby stopped at almost 7 weeks. We scheduled a d &c for the following week but started a natural miscarriage a couple days before. The 1st month was the hardest and I barely wanted to get out of bed. The 2nd month I decided I needed to think of some else. I did a 24 day weight loss challenge and lost 15 pds (yay). That helped with feeling better about myself and made me get up and walk every day before work. I just had my 2nd AF. My doc told me we could at 1 cycle but I for sure didn't feel ready. Now I am mixed between taking another month off or trying again. We seem to get pregnant fast and I have mixed feelings.

Re: my intro

• I'm so sorry that you miscarried, but congratulations on the weight loss! Walking helps me feel better, too, but it's so hot here in Florida so I rarely want to do it.

If you need some more time, then certainly take it. I'm anxious to get pregnant again. I got pregnant quickly last time, but for some reason I'm torn between being confident it will happen quickly again and worried it won't. I'm turning 37 this month, so I'm already much older than I wanted to be.

Maybe you could go the "not trying, not preventing" route. Just relax and whatever happens, happens. And keep taking those walks. :)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Thank you! I think I change my mind 10 times a day... my poor husband. I am such a planner I don't think I could relax knowing there is a chance. I think it is more of if I am prepared to go through the same thing again.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a total planner, too, so I get that.  I don't like the idea that this could happen again, but I know I want children, so I have to move forward. (And at my age, that needs to be asap.) The risk will be there no matter when we decide to try. But the odds are in our favor that it will be successful. I'm prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

I guess the decision you need to make is whether you think more time will make you better able to deal with this if it happens again.

Even though the actual miscarriage is over, I feel like I'm in miscarriage limbo until I get pregnant again. If I was going to have a second miscarriage, I'd rather do it sooner and move past this phase in my life.

I'm not trying to talk you into trying now. Just figured I'd give you my thoughts since you are having trouble deciding.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)