October 2015 Moms
Options

2nd+ moms how early or late were you with your other children?

2»

Re: 2nd+ moms how early or late were you with your other children?

• Options

nsaid4u said:

my FIRST child didn't come until 14 days past the due date and that that's only because they induced me on day 14. my SECOND baby came 1 week early-water broke naturally at home.And my THIRD baby was 1 day overdue-water broke naturally at home.

14 days over due ?! Wow that's crazy ! They won't let us go past 7-11 days !
    @amberrmariee20 yeah it was crazy. Their reasoning was that the due date may not thave been accurate as i didnt know the date of conception. However that was 10 years ago, i hope things have changed since then.
  • Options
    A week early.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nsaid4u said:

nsaid4u said:

my FIRST child didn't come until 14 days past the due date and that that's only because they induced me on day 14. my SECOND baby came 1 week early-water broke naturally at home.And my THIRD baby was 1 day overdue-water broke naturally at home.

14 days over due ?! Wow that's crazy ! They won't let us go past 7-11 days !
    @amberrmariee20 yeah it was crazy. Their reasoning was that the due date may not thave been accurate as i didnt know the date of conception. However that was 10 years ago, i hope things have changed since then.
    That's still crazy overdue !
  • Options
    You are so right. I was 4 days late with my daughter and I was an emotional miserable mess. I had not prepared for being late, and it was so tough to be so big, so uncomfortable, and no baby. This time around I'm preparing myself to be late. If he comes a little early and is healthy, hallelujah. But if he takes his sweet time that's great too. The month your baby will be born in will be the last thing on your mind when you meet your baby for the first time, and regardless of the day it will become the best day. And I promise you, as uncomfortable as it is late in the third trimester, you will forever miss the baby kicks and not having to share your little one with anyone else. So enjoy every day, even if it is 40 weeks and some :)
  • Options
    With my first, I was 4 days past my due date.  My second came 4 days before his EDD.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DS was the day before his due date and DD was on her due date

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

1st - 10 days late

2nd - 1 day early

3rd - 11 days early

4th - TBD :-)

• Options
    DD1 three days late
    DD2 I was induced one day before due date (she was huge. Could barely push her out at 9lbs and would have chad a c-section if I had waited)

DH was 10 lbs so I fear this baby boy will be huge. I'm scared!
  • Options
    DD was 2 weeks overdue. EDD was Feb 4th, I started early labour on a Thursday and didn't have her until Monday, Feb 18th via c-section...she was a stubborn little one! :)

• Options

DD1 three days late
    DD2 I was induced one day before due date (she was huge. Could barely push her out at 9lbs and would have chad a c-section if I had waited)

DH was 10 lbs so I fear this baby boy will be huge. I'm scared!

My first was 9.7 and I pushed him out, and this baby seems like he's gonna be big too....
  • Options
    ebee30ebee30 member
    I had my daughter exactly at 37 weeks and she was perfect but I was also on my feet more than.We will have to wait and see when this boy wants to come!
  • Options
    My 1st son was 3 days early. 2nd son was 10 days early. I have a feeling, my daughter will be 10-14 days early
  • Options
    I was induced 4 days after my due date with my first.
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    My daughter was 10 days early, 6 lbs 14 oz due Sept 24th, and born on the 14th. I have a feeling this one will be early too.  I'm due Oct 3, so I could have a September baby again!
  • Options
    bethforemanbethforeman member
    edited June 2015
    My 1st was born 2 days past due & 5 years later my 2nd was born 2 1/2 weeks early, I have no clue what this one will be but everything will be installed, put together, and purchased a month before my due date just in case lol
  • Options
    margies2010margies2010 member
    edited June 2015
    DS was taken at 36.2 due to a severely herniated disc that he triggered. We did amino to confirm FLM and got him out once we got the mature result. They were worried he would throw me into cauda equina.

Even at that point, he was 6lb 8.5 oz. We went in for induction and he went from vertex to breach while we were waiting for my induction meds to come up from the pharmacy.

I know this doesn't really help OP'S question, besides to say that baby and your body will do some funky things, so just trust yourself and your doctors; be prepared for ANYthing.
  • Options
    I met my new OB today and she told me I'm a strong candidate for a 39 week induction. I was induced on my due date with DD1, and she was 8 lbs 4 oz. I was 9 lbs, my brother was half an ounce shy of 11 lbs and my husband's family are all big Swedes. This baby is also big (we haven't had a US for size in about a month but she was ahead of schedule at the last two).

That said, induction isn't my go-to choice. I'm hesitant to start any sort of intervention that will likely lead to other interventions...but I am so, so scared of having a huge baby.
    O15 August Siggy Challenge
  • Options

Baby #1 @ 35 weeks & he was healthy. Baby #2 @ 37 weeks & she was healthy. Baby #3 @ 39 weeks & he was healthy. Let's see how this one goes LOL! Good luck Momma!

Haha maybe 41 with the trend!!
  • Options
    SrhbgrSrhbgr member
    I'm a FTM too, so nothing to contribute about due dates, but I do want to pass along some information from a student of mine about October birthdays. I told her that my baby was due in October so he might share a burthday with her. She got super excited and told me that October is the best month to have a birthday because it's just far enough away from Christmas, and at any point during the month you can have a costume birthday party, which automatically makes you the coolest kid in school. I was born in August so I guess my lack of costume birthday parties explains my nerdiness ;)
  • Options
    I went into labor on December 10 (my due date) with my first born. My water broke on the 12 and that was the date I had him.
  • Options
    I was due 3/10/14 and my water broke by itself at our home on the night of 3/12/15. DD was born a few hours later in the morning of 3/13/15.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    42 weeks 1 day. Baby came when she was ready! haha She was really comfy in there I guess!
  • Options
    jem89jem89 member
    DD1 was born at 38 weeks.
    DD2 was born at 40 weeks, 1 day.

I would also say that I sensed and wanted DD1 to be born early. Maybe it was nerves, maybe it was intuition or pure excitement. With DD2, I had a 1 yr old and wanted to keep her in as long as possible lol. I think we kind of know our pregnant bodies but as long as they are in the healthy range, I am happy!