Trying to Get Pregnant

Has anyone gotten a bfp from dtd only on the first day of positive OPK?

I got my first positive on OPK Saturday afternoon around 2:30pm. My husband and I dtd that night, but that was the only time during my fertile time. My question is has anyone gotten a BFP from dtd only on the first day of your positive OPK?

Re: Has anyone gotten a bfp from dtd only on the first day of positive OPK?

• No.

A positive OPK means that you have a surge in luteinizing hormone (LH), NOT that you ovulated. A positive OPK means you can ovulate in 12-48 hours after said surge. Furthermore, you can have multiple LH surges throughout your cycle. The only way to confirm ovulation is by temping. 

TTC since 12/2014
  • linny4linny4 member
    edited June 2015
    Noone else's fertility has any bearing on yours so I'm not sure there's much point to this question. Also, as pp mentioned you need to temp to make sure you've even ovulated. That being said even with perfectly timed sex a healthy couple only has 20% chance each cycle to conceive so again, not sure there is any point to the question your asking.
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Dating 02/04/2004 Married 08/11/2012
    TTC 08/2014 
    BFP 01/01/2015
    MMC 10 weeks 02/16/15
    BFP 06/18/2015 DS Born 02/28/2016 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sperm can live for several days so it's not impossible, but like PP said did you confirm ovulation bbt? Also, with just a 20% chance of conception monthly, don't be too disappointed when you don't immediately fall pregnant.
  • Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Thank you for the replies.
  • I got my first positive on OPK Saturday afternoon around 2:30pm. My husband and I dtd that night, but that was the only time during my fertile time. My question is has anyone gotten a BFP from dtd only on the first day of your positive OPK?

Also QFP

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Thank you for the replies.

If you wanted to know about success rate, this isn't the place to do it. Not only does anyone else's fertility not have any bearing on yours, on this board we are all TRYING to get pregnant. If you want answers from people who have been pregnant, ask on any of the tri boards. Again, that doesn't mean it will happen, if you're new to TTC just always keep in mind the 20% shot each month and you'll drive yourself slightly less crazy.
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited June 2015
    I was temping and using opks, and I apparently ovulated som

I got my first positive on OPK Saturday afternoon around 2:30pm. My husband and I dtd that night, but that was the only time during my fertile time. My question is has anyone gotten a BFP from dtd only on the first day of your positive OPK?

*previous pregnancy mentioned*

You could, but only if you really ovulated, and as a pp said you only have a 20% chance of conception even perfectly timed with no health issues.

DH and I HIO every other day for the better part of a year regardless of my opks until my bbt confirmed ovulation.

ETA arg! My phone won't let me fix the quote fail! Don't mind me, newbie here...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a newbie also. Guess I didn't put my question on the right place.
  • You said you tempt so how many days prior to ovulation was the BD? There is a chart in the newbie thread (someone correct me if I am wrong.) that gives you odds on this. But keep in mind the 20% chance a healthy couple has each month.
  • I got my first positive on OPK Saturday afternoon around 2:30pm. My husband and I dtd that night, but that was the only time during my fertile time. My question is has anyone gotten a BFP from dtd only on the first day of your positive OPK?

All it takes is once. The cycle I got pg with DS we had sex a total of two times. Frequency doesn't always matter... Timing does.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

It's happened, I'm sure. :-??

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm a newbie also. Guess I didn't put my question on the right place.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I got pregnant only from having sex on the second day of a positive opk. I also got pregnant by having sex the day before my first positive. But I guess you were only looking for success stories from sex on the day of the first positive. Of course you can get pregnant by having sex one time. Once you get one time in the fertile window, having more sex does not necessarily improve your chances.
    Regardless, the more important fact is what you have sex in relaxation to your actual day of ovulation as shown by a temperature shift. That is because opks could be positive several days before you actually ovulate.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• walbs said:
    Nope, no one in the history of the universe have ever gotten pregnant after having sex one time.
    I mean, if you listen to sex ed teachers, this happens all the time.

• walbs said:

Nope, no one in the history of the universe have ever gotten pregnant after having sex one time.

I mean, if you listen to sex ed teachers, this happens all the time.

Haha or that vd will happen if pregnancy does not ;-). Darn misconceptions sex Ed teachers spread about.
  • Yes but it ended in an ectopic rupture. Will that necessarily happen to you? No.
    So why does my experience have anything to do with yours....
  • Your being a jerk!And everyone that liked this comment as a jerk also. 🙄
  • I was so confused as to why everyone was being actually engaging with OP, I didn't realize it was a zombie until I got to knottie's comment lol

• DoubleUp8DoubleUp8 member
    edited September 2020
    I was so confused. I was like "I don't know any of these people commenting on this post, are they active on TTGP???"
    Embarrassed GIFs  Tenor

Edit to add: how did anyone even find this post?!?!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @DoubleUp8 And to add a third upsetting/depressing thing about this post.  Re-reading it, and recognizing some of the names and missing those early days when things were still so hopeful... :heartbreak:
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF