July 2015 Moms
Options

ICP... Really nervous!!

i got tested for ICP at 20 weeks when I had a few other issues come up, but at the time it was negative. Now I'm 33+2 weeks, baby is scheduled to come 3 weeks early anyways because of a fluid pocket inside... But now the palm of my hands and feet are SO crazy itchy. My Dr is in OR today and tomorrow and her receptionist wasn't as concerned as Id like considering 15% of moms with icp deliver a still born. I don't know why they aren't getting back to me immediately or if I should go in to maternity emerg but I'm just so nervous and scared!!!
Anyone else heard of this or gone through it??? How long do i wait before I decide to go in?

Re: ICP... Really nervous!!

• Options
    If you're concerned never wait. Always go get checked
  • Options
    If you can't get through to your Dr maybe you can call the hospital and speak to someone in labor and delivery?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    krk09krk09 member
    My friend was just diagnosed with ICP. It wasn't a huge rush. They just moved her scheduled cs from 39 to 37 weeks. But as far as getting her in for blood work, she went to her normal appointment. So it could be that you have an appointment already scheduled and while you are miserably itchy, it isn't an emergency yet. But if you are totally stressed, call or go in to the hospital or keep bugging the nurse.