Multiples
Options

? for a friend that is having Twins

Can the babies share a crib? what if the mom wants a co-sleeper? Space is limited in their home, so I think that is a factor as well. Of course, safety above all. 

Best cribs?

TIA

Re: ? for a friend that is having Twins

• Options
    Sure, they can share a crib for a short time when they are first born and swaddled. Mine grew so fast, we had to separate them at about 3 months. They started rolling around then, too so swaddling and crib sharing were no longer as safe. Idk if there is a "best" crib. Depends on personal preference and/or price. We got the sundvik cribs from ikea. They have a decent variety. I don't know about a co-sleeper, we never used one.
  • Options
    BuckyCBuckyC member
    Our girls are 11 weeks old and share a crib. But they're getting bigger and more wiggly, so we think we'll have to separate them by 3 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 6 wo twins currently share a pack n play at the foot of my bed. I agree with pp that around 3 months seems like a good time to separate.
  • Options
    We have triplets that came home from NICU 6-8 wks old. They were in separate beds asap. 1 was moved to a different room around 6 MO old bc he was making funny noises. We just separated the other 2 into different rooms 2 months ago. They are now 14 mos.
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rue:Drue:D member
    Ours will be in a pack and play in our room at first until they're sleeping longer stretches because their room is so far from ours. We got two cribs so they'll be sleeping separately once they're moved into their room.