Babies on the Brain
Options

Daydreaming Babies

Hey there! Just ranting for a moment. DH and I have been talking about starting a family recently and now that's basically the biggest thing I think about.... So we agreed to wait until things are more in our favor. Well DH just got a raise and I just passed a huge exam required for my job and will be making more money. Our house is almost done being renovated. Debt is paid way down. I AM READY!!!!!......he's still on the fence on when to TTC. When is it really EVER the right time to start? Why can't he see that now is just as good a next year? Who even knows if we can get pregnant? I don't want to wait anymore. Other than loosing a few pounds before getting pregnant there is really nothing else I am waiting on. Hopefully he will come around soon. I love this man more than anything so I will wait forever if need be... I just wish we were on the same baby page today. Thanks for listening!!! 

Re: Daydreaming Babies

• Options
    That's awesome for the both of you!! I think it is a man thing lol He probably wants it like you but is nervous my DH is the same. One minute he says he wants to wait then he wants one now. You are right, there is definitely no such thing as the "right time." If you wait too long then you could miss your window, life happens when you are too busy making other plans. 

I stopped the pill the first weekend of May, my body is thrown so out of wack that it will take me probably at least 2-3 months before my body is consistent enough for me to recognize my ovulation time frame. For couples it be the first try or it could take up to a year for a healthy couple to conceive. Talk it over with him and see how he really feels and lay everything out and then decide what to do. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Katm89Katm89 member
    My Husband goes back and forth. We are waiting til Jan 2016 because the baby will be due after j graduates. Plus I just started a new job so i can't give birth before I've been there a year in order to get Short term disability. So the earliest we can conceive is Aug but I'm planning on waiting until after my half marathon in October. But I feel crazy. Anytime I have time during work I read this board and dream about telling our family and taking that test. I feel like a lunatic lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ask him what he would like to accomplish before he becomes a parent and why it's important to him. He may have some insights that will help you with a timeline. Just make sure to approach the conversation in an honest way and not a way that conveys "hurry up I want to have a baby" lol he will be more receptive if he isn't feeling pressured.

Our timeline was pushed back when I decided to go back to school. But we have a "before baby" list & having that date & those things in mind just helps us to plan and allocate funds accordingly over these next couple years.