Babies on the Brain

Ready for #2 but DH isn't sure

DH and I just had our DD last Oct.  Prior to having her we were both in agreement that we wanted 2 kids.  Once she was born though DH has decided he now only wants 1.  While I am not ready to have another baby right this second I do want to have my second child before my daughter turns 3.  I have tried to have this discussion with my DH but he never really wants to talk about it.  When I finally get him to say something he just says that he is worried about the financial piece of it and then usually ends the conversation with well you know we will be having a second kid.  While I understand that if will cost us more we are financially in a good place so all it will do is maybe take him a little longer to finish a truck he is working on.  Also I don't want us to have a second kid just because I want it I want us both to be on the same page.  Anyone else have a similar problem and was able to get somehitng worked out?

Re: Ready for #2 but DH isn't sure

• Tara0604Tara0604 member
    edited June 2015
    (Coming out of lurking)

Went through a similar situation with my husband. Our timelines are different due to his financial concerns. I found that it was best to leave it be for a bit and revisit at a later date, maybe a couple weeks later. I also created a nice and organized budget binder and showed him that we are in good standing financially. He would still prefer to wait longer than I want to, but we are going to go based on my preference. It took me a bit to accept that we aren't/weren't going to necessarily agree on this, but I don't feel our financial standing is going to go down the tubes if we had another on my timeline. My advice is to not constantly push the issue and give it sometime. Your DD is still young and anything can happen. Enjoy these moments while they are here be they go by fast! :) best of luck!
    -=- Tara -=-

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I'd probably try to dig into what his specific financial concern is. Would he feel better if you took a year to save? Or upped retirement? Or allowed yourselves to spend on a splurge like a trip together?