February 2015 Moms
Options

Not eating enough?

my LO is 3 months and weighs 14.1lbs (big baby) - he has been eating 4oz every 2 for about a month now. He sleeps through the night and has been since we brought him home from the hospital! Just seems like a lot of 3 months old are eating more than 4oz?

Re: Not eating enough?

• Options
    If your ped isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. If he's gaining well, then he's fine. Formula fed babies drink more ounces than breastfed, I believe, because the breast milk adjusts as baby ages.
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• Options
    One of my 3 month olds eats 6-7 ounces and the other 7-8 ounces eat time.  They eat every 3 to 4 hours during the day.  They eat at 8, 12, 4, 7, 10.  Mine are each just over 13.  I think your baby is eating enough since he eats so often.  If I was you I'd try to get him to eat 6 ounces at a time and stretch the feedings out to every 3 hours instead.  But that's mostly just so that you get more you time :-)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 4 mo old is eating 4 -5 oz every 3 hrs and is not sleeping thru the night. I am concerned about his weight and will ask pedi at 4 mo appt on Tues
  • Options
    I try every day to get my little guy to eat more at one time and space the feedings out but he wants to eat every 2 hours on the dot (unless he's napping) and will stop right at 4oz - crazy how smart babies are!

Any advice on how to space out feedings would be greatly appreciated!